If we go to penalties - who would you pick as our penalty kick takers?

TopCat

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

I always think, give the understated, less "starry" players the pens. The narrative demands that the top fellas become the tragic failure or villain. It's too much pressure. Ideally I'd have 5 Sasa Papac's to take pens. 

Said this before but his penalty in Florence was the best of the lot.

He had no goals or even shots up until that point and he just passes it the net.

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Said this before but his penalty in Florence was the best of the lot.

He had no goals or even shots up until that point and he just passes it the net.

A penalty is, for a professional footballer, an incredibly easy thing to score technically. Psychologically it's difficult, and probably way more difficult the more you're expected to score it. 

I'd never let a Baggio or Shevchenko take a penalty for me. 

6 minutes ago, JamieD said:

A penalty is, for a professional footballer, an incredibly easy thing to score technically. Psychologically it's difficult, and probably way more difficult the more you're expected to score it. 

I'd never let a Baggio or Shevchenko take a penalty for me. 

or a Viali or Veiri - absolute no pressure on the goalie, though never understood why they dive early.  Used to play in goals (as well as left back) and always waited until the ball was kicked.  If it's a good penalty you are never saving it anyway and players hate it when you don't dive early, they shit their pants lol

On 14/05/2022 at 19:29, TopCat said:

Got a feeling this could go all the way to penalties so if it does - who would your first 5 penalty kick takers be?

For me ( assuming they are still on the field after extra time ) it would be ---

1.Tav.

2.Aribo.

3.Ramsey.

4.Lundstram

5.Barisic.

What do you guys think?

Fuck sake you. ban this cunt, now all I'm going to be thinking about is fucking penalties for the next two days. 

On 16/05/2022 at 11:29, JamieD said:

I always think, give the understated, less "starry" players the pens. The narrative demands that the top fellas become the tragic failure or villain. It's too much pressure. Ideally I'd have 5 Sasa Papac's to take pens. 

👀

Did you speak to Gio about this? If not, why?