Megastore

5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I didn’t say the Scottish Cup is tinpot. I’m delighted we’ve won it. It’s been far too long. It’s tinpot selling a T-shirt celebrating winning it though. 

If you are proud of an achievement you celebrate it. Rangers have a fairly slick commercial operation these days and why not t shirts, badges, flags etc. No one has to buy them. We went through a period where you could not buy any official merchandice because we did not have a commercial department. I like the option of a big range of products available. I would say it shows a far more professional approach from the club.

50 minutes ago, bassettger said:

If you are proud of an achievement you celebrate it. Rangers have a fairly slick commercial operation these days and why not t shirts, badges, flags etc. No one has to buy them. We went through a period where you could not buy any official merchandice because we did not have a commercial department. I like the option of a big range of products available. I would say it shows a far more professional approach from the club.

It’s the type of thing clubs who win things once in a blue moon do. Not Rangers. 

15 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

No sense arguing this, the T-shirt doesn’t bother me either way, I won’t be buying it

This.

If people are swayed enough to buy it (which they will be) then releasing them is a great move by the club as it generates more revenue for us that can be re-invested.

Not capitalising on our successes would just be stupid and a missed opportunity.

Is it cringe? Yes.

Does it make good business sense? Definitely.

Is it hurting anyone? No.

Can't see why people have an issue with our strategy.

I’d never buy a tshirt celebrating a Scottish cup win, but then I’d also never buy a tshirt from SportsDirect celebrating a semi-final win over celtic when we then lost in the final to Hibs.

Bought plenty 55 gear though.

There’s a fine line between commercially astute, and tinpot. As long as we don’t go too far over that line I’m ok with it. 

16 hours ago, SPWF said:

Aye for the 34th time. Our 117th major honour. 

European finals have come along for us almost as frequently as Scottish Cup wins…

For once I can forgive a bit of merch to celebrate!