What Does The Name Eintracht Mean To You?

I've always seen the name Eintracht as a glittering bauble on the big tree of European football and I wonder if that's because of my age? When I grew up in the 70s the 3 games against them in 60 and 61 were still spoken above in hushed reverent tones and I wonder if I had been 10 years younger or more would I have a different attitude to the team we will play tonight? Would be interesting to hear what other bears think :pipe:

Frankfurter.jpg

Just now, MaddistonKnight said:

Basically translates as United

Too much detail but thanks for the translation :thumbup: ... I just mean what you associate the name with for me it's definitely all the good things in European fo0tball although that's probably not quite the whole story :whistle:

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

Too much detail but thanks for the translation :thumbup: ... I just mean what you associate the name with for me it's definitely all the good things in European fo0tball although that's probably not quite the whole story :whistle:

I re-read your e-mail and realised I'd made a plum of it.

My head isnae all there at the moment! 

6 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I re-read your e-mail and realised I'd made a plum of it.

My head isnae all there at the moment! 

Yes I'm the same the clock seems to have stopped :lol:

Just think it will be cool to win it tonight against one of the big beasts from our past :pipe:

6 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

doesn't mean anything to me. tbh if you asked me to point out frankfurt on a map a few weeks ago i wouldn't have known except it's somewhere in germany :lol: frankfurt to me is a football team and a type of sausage!

they mean nothing to me.

Are you on the young side? I expect like most things it's about age :pipe:.

I remember reading an article in the Follow Follow magazine years ago about a bear who had bought a Bayern shirt for his trip to Germany and he ran into some Eintracht fans who on finding out he was Rangers told him that Bavaria is staunchly of the Roman church and so he was looking for someone to take the obviously tainted Bayern shirt off his hands :lol:

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Are you on the young side? I expect like most things it's about age :pipe:.

I remember reading an article in the Follow Follow magazine years ago about a bear who had bought a Bayern shirt for his trip to Germany and he ran into some Eintracht fans who on finding out he was Rangers told him that Bavaria is staunchly of the Roman church and so he was looking for someone to take the obviously tainted Bayern shirt off his hands :lol:

fuck knows. i'm 31. i feel young and old at the same time right now :lol:

I’ll wholeheartedly admit this is just sour grapes but right now Frankfurt means a bunch of pea-hearted, calculating fucks who jettisoned their league to concentrate on the Europa and the gamble paid off. One flick of Goldson’s foot would’ve made it all for naught.

21 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

I remember that they battered fuck out of us over 2 legs in the 1960 European Cup Semi. 

So this is a chance for revenge for that.

....and that was the only time we have ever played them till tonight.

Apparently next season will be their first time in the European cup since 1960 which is remarkable 

16 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Up until tonight I only remember hearing about real Madrid beating them at hampden In the 60s.

Tbh they weren't very good but neither were we.

When you see the old football even at the top level (like Real Madrid) it's remarkable how slow the game was ... it would be interesting to know how even moderately good European teams of the present day would do against them with so much more pace in their game?