What an effort - Hold your heads high lads.

Just now, Inigo said:

The best of players miss penalties. Sometimes badly. It happens. How do people not understand this?  It's the nature of the beast.

Think it's the whole package. Signed for big wages, superstar reputation and has hardly kicked a ball and the one he did kick lost us a final.

That will burn forever 

6 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

They can all hold their heads high, to a man. Missed penalty, missed chance and missed interceptions? Whatever. It was a missed opportunity, let's not forget the guy who missed the key penalty will regret it even more having missed the last european final he had the chance to play in. Each of them played a part in us getting here, they sadly didn't take the chance tonight.

I thought subbing Ramsey and Roofe on to take penalties was a terrible idea - one scored, one missed... what can you do?

Borna had to come off. Someone had to come on. If Borna were on he’d have took that penalty.

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Got set up for it tbh and the abuse that’s going to head his way from people is shite 

I hate it that technically excellent players like Kent don’t want to hit one. Just run up and bang it hard down the middle

Kent on penalties is a failure waiting to happen. His shooting in general is pathetic

Love the team.

Gio's choice of subs this time less so.

Can't be anything but heartbroken, it's going to take an incredibly long time to get over this. 20 minutes from immortality, then when that didn't go our way one unbelievable save stopped us from winning it in extra time.

If we lose Bassey for less than £25 million then we need to riot.

Absolutely gutted, even more than I thought I would be. What an amazing effort to even get us there though, every player in that squad can hold their heads high. I am going to be thinking about Kent’s chance and why didn’t Goldson smash the cross into the stand for a while. 

17 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Totally heartbroken right now, will probably never see a chance to win a European trophy again in my lifetime.

When the dust settles tomorrow I’m sure I’ll be proud of the whole team, right now just feel numb.

I remember saying the same back in 2008 - but I've seen us come even closer to winning a European Trophy tonight. Not that it helps right now. Absolutely fucking gutted. 

My heart is broken. But I'm the proudest man in North Carolina. 

Glasgow Rangers,  from balls stuck in hedges to a European final in 10 years.

This isn't the end of the journey. Our European stats have been unbelievable. Theres no reason to believe this is a once in a generation experience, we are capable of reaching these highs again. 

I love you Rangers.

Just now, GaryStevens02 said:

And Allan McGregor is past his best if we are honest 

I wouldn't say that mate, he's coming towards the end of his career but some of the saves he pulled off tonight were amazing for any goalkeeper no matter their age.

Was sure he'd save a penalty in the first five, he got close but had no chance with the rest of them. 

Fucking can’t believe we were one kick away from immortality… bastard bastard bastard. We are still the people and if you don’t believe that go to your bed you disgust me… come on the Rangers.. I don’t think I have ever been so miserable but when I sober up I will still be a Ranger

Tbh, it came down to inches and a keeper guessing the right way.

I really don't wish Frankfurt no ill, a historic club with great fans and they deserved it tonight as much as we did.

I'd rather have lost that like we lost 2008 though. In '08 Zenit definitely deserved the match in the night and.... It was easier to accept it. Tonight it really did come down to a lottery.

Tbh I'm glad it was a mercenary player like Ramsay that missed rather than Davis or Tav.