Why the fuck did Ramsey not start?

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Totally agree regards the pace. Unfortunately i said 4 years ago we would win fuck all with goldson and tav and i took a pasting for that when we won 55 but its looking more and more true a statement by the day

Wit?

Were you expecting us to win a European title ?

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Totally agree regards the pace. Unfortunately i said 4 years ago we would win fuck all with goldson and tav and i took a pasting for that when we won 55 but its looking more and more true a statement by the day

Congrats. You must have felt terrible when we won 55 then.

We do not trust Ramsay to make a difference in the game  

Yet we trust him to score a crucial penalty, having been brought on 2 mins before, for that purpose  

Not a good decision. And I called it at the time. And before anyone says oh aye so you did......well proof in fucking pudding  

42 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

To be fair, mate, you claimed we’d win fuck all but we blitzed the league last season. So you were wrong. Tav is this seasons Europa League top scorer. While I blame Goldson for tonight,  I don’t think you’ve got a leg to stand on in relation to your comment that we’d win fuck all.

59 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Just shows you need 4 strikers in the squad coz a wee bit of quality in or around that box and we would gave won that.

Obviously there’s a lot that can change a season but I do feel the league and tonight are partly lost due to the Morelos injury and lack of any good backups

18 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

We do not trust Ramsay to make a difference in the game  

Yet we trust him to score a crucial penalty, having been brought on 2 mins before, for that purpose  

Not a good decision. And I called it at the time. And before anyone says oh aye so you did......well proof in fucking pudding  

This is a fair point. I hadn’t thought about it in that context re: not trusting to come on but trusting to take a pen.

55 minutes ago, GaryStevens02 said:

I thought he would have been on for ET. He isn’t that fit but he passes in him that other players  don’t have and he wouldn’t have been in awe of the occasion 

why bring him in if not for this 

For me, in the brief glimpses we’ve had, his passing has been a major let down.

Possibly pulls out the occasional one (for a Kent penalty recently?) but otherwise no better than anyone else from what I’ve seen.

Fitness apart, I at least expected him to bring a bit of accuracy & imagination in use of the ball - strolling & dictating play if you like.

I must’ve been thinking of somebody else…

3 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

If you said we'd win fuck all with Goldson and Tav it will never be a true statement.

I honestly think Ramsey has been some kind of secret agent. I refuse to believe a "world class" player could be so piss poor for us. Injured 3/4 of the times, on big money etc. Sickening thinking back to how happy we were when we signed him. Ahead in the title race and thinking he'd be the main man, now hes cost us a European trophy. Would put my life savings on him not missing that if he was wearing a Wales shirt.