Barasic

7 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Compare and contrast Bassey’s will and desire to get to the bye line and get a ball in against celtic for the winner in the cup semi final. We didn’t see that level of effort once tonight from Barisic. 

This is so not true, in ET even when he was struggling physically he ran past Kent who had the ball on the touchline and crossed the ball to someone at the edge of the box.

Felt he was our weakest link last night scared to carry the ball forward instead looked to take the easy option & pass back every time he looked like a rabbit caught in headlights I definitely think left back should be a main priority area in the summer I’m conviced Bassey can be our mainstay Centre back 

Honestly the pile on, on our players both today and last night is an embarrassment.

Yes last night was a massive disappointment and players didn’t perform, but the players massively overachieved just getting us here and the abuse getting dished out to them is beyond a joke.

3 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Honestly the pile on, on our players both today and last night is an embarrassment.

Yes last night was a massive disappointment and players didn’t perform, but the players massively overachieved just getting us here and the abuse getting dished out to them is beyond a joke.

It’s inevitable they’ll get praised to the hilt when it’s going well and ripped apart when they blow it.

Somewhere in between all the praise and criticism lies the truth.

if they were always shit, or constantly excelled for that matter, they wouldn’t be at the club.

11 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I thought he was awful tonight. Like truly dreadful. Constantly stood off his man and gave them far too much space, played the safe pass pretty much every time he got the ball and looked like he was shit scared to drive forward. The one time he got forward he had a shot which was a decent chance, but the full backs were always going to be key for us and he didn’t do anywhere near enough to try and influence the game.

I don't think he was awful. I think the safe pass is fair though and I think quite a few were guilty of it. The opposite to that was that they nullified our threats very well. You saw them press the full backs instantly and Tav got caught out with this a few times.

Borna made two outstanding blocks from crosses I thought but overall was one of many that weren't at their best.

Think some of our subs were a bit strange but I don't think any of the players or management gave anything less than 100%.