Absolutely fucking heartbroken

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Aye we all could post the same Jim.

It's done now and nothing can change it.

The fact we are talking about losing a European Final on penalties is absurd though. Football isn't set up for teams like us to get to that stage. Shite we couldn't do it but glad we gave it a go

Those nights in Dortmund and Ibrox will live in our kids memories, not many clubs have them mind.

The thing is we didn’t just lose on penalties, we lost to five near perfect penalties.  You don’t see that very often these days and that almost makes it worse.

We are all heartbroken, and in some ways it would have been easier to have been beaten 3-0 in normal time.

However despite our lack of cohesive play for parts of the 90 we were about 20 mins away from winning it, then a few inches away from winning it in the dying embers of ET.

The team dug deep despite the problems and we so nearly made it.

A slightly sliced connection or someone not on the post for the follow up and we are all celebrating our greatest European triumph. Those are the margins.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The thing is we didn’t just lose on penalties, we lost to five near perfect penalties.  You don’t see that very often these days.

Plus a wonder save and a last ditch clearance in the last 3 minutes of the game. 

It was a glorious failure sadly.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I can’t believe made Trapp made that save from Kent. People saying it was a glaring miss but it was a fucking wonder save. Comparable to McGregor in Bremen IMO.

It looked like Kent hit it straight at the keeper to me.

Their Colombian almost hit his shot straight at Shagger’s hand. As I say, small margins.

It’ll take us a while to get over this - but I’d rather fail this way regularly than not be here at all.

Just now, GaryStevens02 said:

I THOUGHT they made their subs to bring in lesser players, we had better players than the starting 11 to bring on from  the bench but waited too long to make the changes 

I agree. I thought we’d bring on Ramsey, Roofe in the 90, not in ET.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

It looked like Kent hit it straight at the keeper to me.

Their Colombian almost hit his shot straight at Shagger’s hand. As I say, small margins.

It’ll take us a while to get over this - but I’d rather fail this way regularly than not be here at all.

He's hit it straight aye but it's low the only way trapp can save it is by sticking a leg out and praying. Kent hits it perfectly it's a wonderful save. It's won them the cup 

So disappointing. Not the time to be slagging players or second guessing the manager. Thought they all emptied themselves. Combination of games, heat, the lack of a natural match fit striker all had an impact I think. Still took it to pens. 
Probably won’t see that again. But I said that after 2008 so we’ll see what happens. 
I was convinced we were winning that.  Totally different last time. This is worse. 

Just now, BoydsFavouriteDonut said:

So disappointing. Not the time to be slagging players or second guessing the manager. Thought they all emptied themselves. Combination of games, heat, the lack of a natural match fit striker all had an impact I think. Still took it to pens. 
Probably won’t see that again. But I said that after 2008 so we’ll see what happens. 
I was convinced we were winning that.  Totally different last time. This is worse. 

Did we fuck empty ourselves.  We put more effort into Ross County 4x a season. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

He's hit it straight aye but it's low the only way trapp can save it is by sticking a leg out and praying. Kent hits it perfectly it's a wonderful save. It's won them the cup 

It has won them the cup and taken it away from us. If Kent hits it high or to the side we are all celebrating like fuck right now.