Absolutely fucking heartbroken

Absolutely gutted as like everyone else overall Frankfurt were the better side I can’t remember any decent passages of play from us which is disappointing our goal came against the run of play but to lose it in penalties is a tough pill to swallow it’s going to take a while to get over it but have to give it to the boys & all the rest of the staff what a run it’s been just a shame we couldn’t finish it off 

1 hour ago, Canabear said:

Didn't mean to like your post there GS but at 66 I know I'll never see this again and that is what has me feeling lost right now.

I've seen Rangers teams lose games before and while it's bothered me nothing comes close too tonight's loss.

That was simply devastating and I couldn't even watch the penalties as I had a feeling what was coming.

Fuck Saturday i'm not interested.

Same, Cana. 63 here and was hoping against hope they could do this. These opportunities are few and far between, and life speeds by like a bullet train the older we get. Absolutely gutted by that.

I’m as gutted as I’ve ever been watching us. So much more than Manchester. I thought it would be a stretch there but last night I thought it was written for us. No matter how decent they are. But I’m shattered. Feel physically drained after it. I don’t know if I’ll ever see us lift a European trophy in my lifetime. Wanted it so badly. I’m so proud for us but also worried about the future now as we will need investment. 

31 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Bassey, Wright, Aribo and Kent to an extent turned up for that game tonight

The rest largely hid or shat it and it makes me sick after all they’d done to get to that point 

Kent? Really? The man hasn't turned up all season. 3 fucking goals in all comps, abysmal for a defender ffs

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

I’m as gutted as I’ve ever been watching us. So much more than Manchester. I thought it would be a stretch there but last night I thought it was written for us. No matter how decent they are. But I’m shattered. Feel physically drained after it. I don’t know if I’ll ever see us lift a European trophy in my lifetime. Wanted it so badly. I’m so proud for us but also worried about the future now as we will need investment. 

Could nearly have written this myself word for word.

To come so close is just devastating. As proud as I am for the players getting there this is also strangely my lowest moment ever following us.

Very dissapointed with the end result, I felt neither team played particularly well and we could as easily have won as lost - harder than 08 because for some reason I really thought we could win last night. Nothing against Frankfurt, they're a decent team, but they're not a great team. And I know people are saying oh we'll never see it again, I don't see any reason we can't get these runs again, it can happen. It's just will we ever have a match we against a team who at best are on our level...

Anyway, in the end, well done on the players getting there, it was some ride. Agree with the comment above, we have some amazing moments in this run, but right now I can't remember much in a playing sense that beats this for sadness. 

3 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

Very dissapointed with the end result, I felt neither team played particularly well and we could as easily have won as lost - harder than 08 because for some reason I really thought we could win last night. Nothing against Frankfurt, they're a decent team, but they're not a great team. And I know people are saying oh we'll never see it again, I don't see any reason we can't get these runs again, it can happen. It's just will we ever have a match we against a team who at best are on our level...

Anyway, in the end, well done on the players getting there, it was some ride. Agree with the comment above, we have some amazing moments in this run, but right now I can't remember much in a playing sense that beats this for sadness. 

Tbh Frankfurt were pish

Last night I was absolutely fucking gutted, I'm already getting over it this morning, when I was young a result like last night ended me for weeks, as I've got older I just seem to bounce back the next day not giving a fuck, I'm already looking at Saturday. 

Biggest disappointment for me was the fans in the stadium, first time I've seen us out sung and they maybe had half the amount there that we did. 

For context I am saying this as a fan who watched it from my living room - but it just surprised me massively. I guess the nerves I was feeling from the start were the same ones fans in the stadium were feeling.

8 hours ago, GaryStevens02 said:

I’m over 50 , failed in 2008 and now 2022 guess I will never see the famous lift a European Trophy  in my lifetime , sad isn’t it 

I was 60 in 2008 mate, I could have said the same but hey that’s another final under my belt.

You never know keep believing