Absolutely fucking heartbroken

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Biggest disappointment for me was the fans in the stadium, first time I've seen us out sung and they maybe had half the amount there that we did. 

For context I am saying this as a fan who watched it from my living room - but it just surprised me massively. I guess the nerves I was feeling from the start were the same ones fans in the stadium were feeling.

I’m with you there. Team obviously needed that 12th man lift, but where was it? Coming from the Hamburg lot. After the din we heard in Ibrox to help get us there, I was so incredibly disappointed in that lack of support.

9 minutes ago, delparlane said:

I’m with you there. Team obviously needed that 12th man lift, but where was it? Coming from the Hamburg lot. After the din we heard in Ibrox to help get us there, I was so incredibly disappointed in that lack of support.

Have you read the stadium facilities post? If not u should.

evrrybody saying they getting treated like criminals, and no water, juice etc. even tap water in the bogs turned off.

Seriously dehydrated fans with no way of re-hydrating 

1 minute ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Have you read the stadium facilities post? If not u should.

evrrybody saying they getting treated like criminals, and no water, juice etc. even tap water in the bogs turned off.

Seriously dehydrated fans with no way of re-hydrating 

Haven’t yet - will definitely do so. Was it the same for the opposing set? I’m sure I’ll find answers in that post, just curious.

I think I’m suffering PTSD. I keep flashing back to the Frankfurt cross that should have been stopped, and the Kent miss/Trapp save.

I was utterly convinced we would win after we scored, and even in extra time we looked so much more likely than them.

Gutted. Need to look to Saturday now, but to get so close to winning this is utterly traumatic.

Almost kicked off in the pub I was in. A bunch of hockey fans had came in near the end of the came cause the Carolina Hurricanes played the NY Rangers last night. And after our game ended some idiot yank started shouting about celtic and Ireland and a load of us, myself included, told him to shut his fucking face, one of the other hockey fans told him to be quiet and he said something about Rangers fans singing about his ancestors. I said mate fuck your peasant ancestors and shut your fucking hole before you get your head kicked in. 

I went for a fag after that and a few of the guys there were wanting to kick his head in but the other bears calmed them down a bit and the yank fucked off shortly after.

Kinda wish I'd wrapped the nut around him now tho.

1 hour ago, delparlane said:

Haven’t yet - will definitely do so. Was it the same for the opposing set? I’m sure I’ll find answers in that post, just curious.

Most on the beers early doors. It was a freakishly hot and humid night. Still 34 degrees at midnight. A lot of people arrived same day so were up since 5am. Or had been out the night before. Penned in with no water from 7pm. Didn’t even bother trying to queue for water as would have missed most of the match. Think the difference was the Germans probably weren’t out for a day party in the same way. I’d say it’s the least enjoyable football match I’ve been to. Was dying by the end. 

Pretty heartbroken. A lot of the small things didn’t go our way. The insane heat killed our style of play and suited them to a T. (And probably killed our atmosphere a bit).

No fit Morelos or Roofe was a disaster. That defence was their first the taking with a fully fit striker who makes runs. 

Maybe a bit too much negativity from Gio which I’m sure he’ll regret? Can’t help but feeling if we’d had Roofe, Lowry and Ramsay on for 20+ minutes. Taken Barisic off and moved Bassey to left back. We would have grabbed a goal in extra time. 

Gutted but so proud of the club, players and fans. Fans were magnificent 

I didn’t post after the game because I was fucking broken-hearted. But , I said to my son, when we reflect on this we’ll be as proud as punch. So today that’s exactly how I feel. What a journey this team have took us on. We’ve beaten teams with five times our budget and from better leagues. Also, a word for the fans who travelled there. God bless you all. We were supposed to trash the place so as the Tarriers could hit us with all their “best fans in the world “ shite. According to the police report, not one Rangers fan was arrested in Seville. So fuck them, if any of them want to gloat about us losing a final to penalties then remind them they were slapped about by Bodo fucking Gimps. Just spoke to my boy a while ago and he’s in the same place as me now, proud to be a Ranger and looking forward to many more adventures next season. 

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Most on the beers early doors. It was a freakishly hot and humid night. Still 34 degrees at midnight. A lot of people arrived same day so were up since 5am. Or had been out the night before. Penned in with no water from 7pm. Didn’t even bother trying to queue for water as would have missed most of the match. Think the difference was the Germans probably weren’t out for a day party in the same way. I’d say it’s the least enjoyable football match I’ve been to. Was dying by the end. 

I understand full well that being away in the sun with thousands of brethren, it’s hard if not impossible to resist the bevvy. Just wish that folk saved themselves for the real reason to be there. But it’s easy to pontificate in hindsight - had I gone, no doubt I’d have been right in there suffering the same.

For me it's a bit like England and the world cup in that our one and only triumphs are so much of another era now that it would ALMOST seem like sacrilege to put another cup beside the one we have all grown up with. Ok at the same time I also feel that the more European silverware you have the more it elevates you above other clubs who have less 

... or at least that's what I'm telling myself today :headwall:

11 minutes ago, delparlane said:

I understand full well that being away in the sun with thousands of brethren, it’s hard if not impossible to resist the bevvy. Just wish that folk saved themselves for the real reason to be there. But it’s easy to pontificate in hindsight - had I gone, no doubt I’d have been right in there suffering the same.

Not even sure it was the bevvy. Most fans weren’t pished. Just that 40 degree heat was a killer with a few lagers. Frankfurt fan zone was nicely tree covered. Whilst ours had close to no shade. They were probably having siesta haha. We outnumbered them 20/1 in the city 

12 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've felt as low as I've ever felt after a bad result since that last penalty went in. I genuinely thought we were going to do it after Aribo scored. My mood has been so low but I've just picked my daughter up from school where she ran to me with a big smile screaming " Daddy!" and now we're at the park in the sunshine and I'm watching her have a great time; its made me realise that the world hasnt ended. Sometimes we all need a little perspective.

Chin up mate, enjoy and take care of your family.