Stadium facilities.

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

It was the 2nd part mate, gutted for bears i know who never got one.

The ones your on about paid £2000 or less and it was there first Rangers game of the season in some case years.

The heat was the killer.

A think yer probably right with that mate . Met a guy a knew in the afternoon in seville nothing against him personally but he told he had got a ticket and had sold a spare for 850 . A knew he was a Rangers fan but didn’t even think he bothered too much , There’s been plenty of they kinda stories going about . It’s shite because so many guys who go week in week out and sacrifice a lot to do so missed out . A didn’t even get a ticket till the day before the match myself .

10 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

I've answered you on another post about the police they were a disgrace and didn't give a fuck about supporter safety, over 90 degree heat and they took a small bottle of sun cream off my wife when we were entering the ground 

I still think everyone who went should give their testimony to their RSC, then all the RSC should unite and the file a class action against the hosts/Spanish police. It's horrific what people had to experience and now have the worry as to whether they get sick from the tap water.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I still think everyone who went should give their testimony to their RSC, then all the RSC should unite and the file a class action against the hosts/Spanish police. It's horrific what people had to experience and now have the worry as to whether they get sick from the tap water.

I’d like to know which of the many Rangers members of staff who were/ had been in Seville knowing that temperatures would be approaching 100 felt this shithole of a stadium would be a safe venue for our fans… or do they genuinely not give a fuck?

10 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

thanks for the info, do you know if battery medicines, sun cream and battery charging banks were taking off fans?

They’re trying to blame the water on a burst pipe 😡the above translated:

Dehydrated fans: Sevilla fail to host the final

"The water situation was terrible"

Eintracht Frankfurt

05/19 - 14:32

Many fans not only experienced nervous torture in the Europa League final, which was exciting until the last second of the penalty shoot-out, they also suffered from a lack of water and sometimes dehydrated in the sweltering hot stadium. Seville has disqualified itself as a venue for future major sporting events.

Many supporters left the stadium in silence and exhausted, desperate for water. What FC Sevilla and its catering allowed themselves to do in the Europa League final between Eintracht Frankfurt and Glasgow Rangers (5: 4 on pens) on Wednesday is a scandal.

Many fans took their seats in the stadium early and initially sat in the sun due to the lack of a roof on three sides of the stands. Even later, the heat hardly left the stadium, which resembled a huge headlock. The organizers should have been prepared for thirsty followers. Despite all the preliminary talks, they weren't. Some of the small kiosks closed before kick-off. Several fans described their experiences to kicker.

"They had no coins - everything now cost 10 or 20 euros"

"The water situation was terrible," says Elias, who went six hours without water. Some outlets closed an hour before (!) kick-off. "Desperate SGE supporters pushed up the shutters, and the Spanish police came immediately with batons. Wagons with water were pushed through the aisles, but when you asked if you could buy something, they always said 'no'," says Elias 

Matthias was with his ten-year-old son on the back straight in the upper tier and says himself that he was "lucky in disguise". Just before all the drinks were sold out, he bought two more bottles of cola. The first of two stalls was closed just ten minutes after kick-off. At the other, the electronic cash register system did not work. "They then at least switched to paying in cash, but didn't have any coins for change. Everything now cost 10 or 20 euros," reports Matthias.

Shortly thereafter, there was also a shift in the shaft at the second stand: "Here the Spanish police reacted very well and started to pour water into the empty cups and bottles they had brought with them at the sinks. That saved the people next to us, but in the middle of the second half then the source was either all or off."

The Rangers complain to UEFA - which announces an examination

As the kicker learned from club circles, . Those who were unlucky dehydrated in the stands. Rangers experienced the same problem, the club has already complained to UEFA.

The association, as the organizer of the game, announced on Thursday that the problems are being examined together with the local organizing committee, the stadium operator, the food and drink concessionaires and the police.

During the game, Eintracht also tried to exert pressure through all channels, but the meager water supplies were always sold out after a few minutes.

The club doesn't see UEFA so much as responsible for this, but above all FC Sevilla and their catering. The ailing stadium also caused problems. A supporter told kicker at the airport that one of the capos (lead singers) fell and was injured because something collapsed underneath him.

To make matters worse, after the game there was almost nowhere to buy anything outside of the stadium, many fans only got something to drink in their hotels or stood under lawn sprinklers. The taxi situation also proved catastrophic. All in all, Seville was not a worthy venue for the final - and UEFA's award was a mistake.

Julian Franzke

"Seville has disqualified itself as a venue for future major sporting events". :pipe:

25 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

I’d like to know which of the many Rangers members of staff who were/ had been in Seville knowing that temperatures would be approaching 100 felt this shithole of a stadium would be a safe venue for our fans… or do they genuinely not give a fuck?

I'd like more detail on whether it was our club or the SFA that agreed to this venue being safe.

43 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

the club should have been over and find out exactly how this whole thing was going to be policed, they might have been able to stop the utter shambles before it happened and before peoples health was put at risk.

10 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

the club should have been over and find out exactly how this whole thing was going to be policed, they might have been able to stop the utter shambles before it happened and before peoples health was put at risk.

I agree, what i'm finding puzzling is why did Seville say they have disqualify themselves as a venue for future major sporting events. Did they have a official stadium safety certificate to host this event? 

What a fuckin nightmare that stadium was how nobody died in there I will never know no water I am heading for seventy and I was struggling and I’m still felling the effects of it at least the teams had a water brake I would like to know where they got the water from it must have been like gold dust uefa and the spanish police have got a lot to answer for as supporters are herded through the streets like cattle small children and women  what a disgrace .

3 minutes ago, blueoutthedome said:

What a fuckin nightmare that stadium was how nobody died in there I will never know no water I am heading for seventy and I was struggling and I’m still felling the effects of it at least the teams had a water brake I would like to know where they got the water from it must have been like gold dust uefa and the spanish police have got a lot to answer for as supporters are herded through the streets like cattle small children and women  what a disgrace .

I hope you recover soon. Maybe see a doctor if your still suffering the effects.

When they had all there flags laying it round the stadium that is the only way the got flares in behind the goal as it was he same area all the time unless they stuck them up there arse as everybody was searched twice entering the stadium 

29 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree, what i'm finding puzzling is why did Seville say they have disqualify themselves as a venue for future major sporting events. Did they have a official stadium safety certificate to host this event? 

Has this happened ???