Stadium facilities.

2 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

When the reality of last night sinks in I’ll make my football emotions known but for now I’d just say how poor the facilities at the stadium were!

For a UEFA showcase final, in fact for any game, it was disgraceful - verging on downright dangerous, and without being over dramatic, life threatening!!

I’ve read some peoples comments on how ‘flat’ they felt the ‘Bears’ were in the stadium  - well let me tell you from first hand experience what I think the issue was!!!

1. Most will have walked about 3 miles (at least) to the ground, in 30+ degrees heat. 

2. Most arrived at the ground 3hrs prior to kickoff, as advised by UEFA and sat in the blistering sun.

3. We prepared ourself by buying water to keep us hydrated, only to have it confiscated by the Gestapo at the entrance.

4. On entry we tried to replace the confiscated fluids - but NOT 1 kiosk was opened - and the gormless steward’s couldn’t advise when they would open.

5. About an hour later we queued for over half an hour to use the ONE kiosk they did open (9000 fans mind!)

6. Once they eventually opened all the kiosks they very quickly ran out (you read that right, ran out) of water.

7. Fans resorted to drinking tap water from the toilets - until they turned the water off (yes you read that right too - they turned the water off)!!!

People (myself) included were actually uncomfortable with it all - so before people comment on the ‘lack of singing’ etc, just bare that in mind.

What I will tell you though is that we will be hydrated for Hampden on Saturday, so if you care to join us - we’ll raise the roof together.

My thoughts exactly shared.

All spot on. 

Plus they chucked my suncream in the bin into the bargain in case it was used as a missile.

Scottish baldies in 35 degree scorching sunshine. Genius.

falkirkNS and chris182 like this

8 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

After having almost every possession  thrown in bins, from phone chargers to any liquids by the Seville polis, once inside the ground our entire section had one kiosk in operation. It took 30 minutes in a queue only to discover they had run out of water. With the temperature hitting 30 degrees supporters resorted to drinking out of the taps in the bogs, that was until the taps stopped working.

The stadium was unfit to hold a major final in every way.

UEFA do seem to think it's only the Champions League that matters ... I see the other final (whatever it's called) is in a 21,000 capacity ground so what's that less than 5,000 tickets each for Feyenoord and Roma  :lol:

14 minutes ago, chris182 said:

The water going off in that area of the stadium is the damning one, suspicious as fuck.

From the amount using water in the toilets to drink from I wouldn't be surprised if the tanks were emptied very quickly.

Looking up what Frankfurt done, their officials were in the stadium very early and setup everything from water stations, the security to the tifo/flags. They prioritised their support groups in the ticket sales and were extremely organised. Looks like our club done nothing at all.

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

From the amount using water in the toilets to drink from I wouldn't be surprised if the tanks were emptied very quickly.

Looking up what Frankfurt done, their officials were in the stadium very early and setup everything from water stations, the security to the tifo/flags. They prioritised their support groups in the ticket sales and were extremely organised. Looks like our club done nothing at all.

Call me niave but isn't that UEFAs responsibility?

The TIFO, I absolutely agree with

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

As Robertson had eluded to everyone at Rangers was finished and on Holiday 

plymouthranger likes this

3 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

In all honesty the stadium was not fit for purpose. The kiosk was basically like a garden shed. Mental how someone can look over the stadium and give it the go ahead for such a big event. The facilities were very poor indeed. 

The stadium got the go ahead because of sevilla record in the europa league 

Does anyone have any information on the fella who took unwell before the game. He at the 1st tier stand, towards the left hand side corner flag. 
it didn’t look good at the time with CPR being used and then I think a defibrillator. Hope he ok. Was horrible to see.

Me and my brother got held up by police on way to the stadium with loads of fans for about 25 mins in the heat. With no explanation as to why or how long it would be for.

my brother doesn’t keep to great and when asking police why and how long we would he held, they simply told us they had no idea on both counts.

Also not allowing us to move beyond them to sit on a nearby step. Was a real joke. 

The lack of basic water was a joke.  I literally had to hassle the steward to go and find some water for a fellow bear who was way behind in the queue and a diabetic who couldn’t drink the sports drink they had available.  Eventually he came back and said we couldn’t have the bottle but he would give us a cup... for €4.  Cheers pal.

5 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

The lack of basic water was a joke.  I literally had to hassle the steward to go and find some water for a fellow bear who was way behind in the queue and a diabetic who couldn’t drink the sports drink they had available.  Eventually he came back and said we couldn’t have the bottle but he would give us a cup... for €4.  Cheers pal.

Jesus Christ

11 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

UEFA are to blame for deciding to hold the final there.

Nonsense.

UEFA awarded them the final, UEFA didn't instruct them to confiscate and bin supporters possessions, have insufficient drinking water available and to turn off the cold water on the toilets.

27 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Call me niave but isn't that UEFAs responsibility?

The TIFO, I absolutely agree with

Possibly but this was free water stations setup. I'm not even sure if its UEFAs responsibility, probably the events company they hired or Sevillas own staff responsible for the kiosks. Looks like Frankfurt officials got the heads up and sorted out their own.

WeeJacksonRFC likes this

Just now, toolongawake said:

Nonsense.

UEFA awarded them the final, UEFA didn't instruct them to confiscate and bin supporters possessions, have insufficient drinking water available and to turn off the cold water on the toilets.

I don't think they deliberately turned off the cold water. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Wonder if Frankfurt support experienced these difficulties? Supposedly they had their own staff for their section.

We actually had some.  I only seen one right enough, I was just through the gates when some random Glaswegian in a high vis with accreditation told me the water had run out.

Just now, RDB14 said:

We actually had some.  I only seen one right enough, I was just through the gates when some random Glaswegian in a high vis with accreditation told me the water had run out.

Sounds about right. The board were vastly under prepared for this.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Sounds about right. The board were vastly under prepared for this.

Honestly I find it hard to blame our club.  I’d expect the hosts and management of the game to have adequate stewards and stock.  The whole thing was just a shit show. You don’t see the same problems at Ibrox when our club are in charge.

16 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Nonsense.

Do you not believe UEFA have a duty to make sure the facilities in any stadium they are considering using are acceptable?

mearns loyal likes this