Stadium facilities.

1 hour ago, KaiserJon said:

In Germany you seem to have to have a full Training course for everything. 👌

Can you please have a browse of the popular EF forums to see if they’re reporting the same issues

4 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Struggling to understand why a place in 35+ degree heat hosting such an event didn’t have bottles of water stocked up by the truckload, disgrace.

Or why the police health and safety officer didn't make a call for emergency bottled water and insist the taps were turned back on.

surfsup2 and CR3 like this

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The club needs a main SLO with a wage, this could then be backed up with 10 volunteer SLOs. I’m sure we’d get 10 decent fans willing to put in their time for free.

Good idea, they could have a SLO for each section as it's a lot for one person to handle, pay them a living wage as the board don't need such big bonus's.

surfsup2 and Bad Robot like this

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Or why the police health and safety officer didn't make a call for emergency bottled water and insist the taps were turned back on.

The taps would have probably have been hooked upto a water tank ran out I mean our fans were that desperate for water they were drinking from tanks probably with dead animals in it to risk legionaries disease aswell

Just had a look at the guy Derek Clark’s Twitter as he’s doing a piece on the conditions and gathering everyone’s experiences, actually sounds quite horrific. Gets worse the more you read.

Sweetheart and surfsup2 like this

17 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

The taps would have probably have been hooked upto a water tank ran out I mean our fans were that desperate for water they were drinking from tanks probably with dead animals in it to risk legionaries disease aswell

Let's hope no-one gets legionaries disease

Symptoms of Legionnaires' disease include:

a cough

difficulty breathing

chest pain

a high temperature

flu-like symptoms

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/legionnaires-disease/

sRcFoCt likes this

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I don’t believe a police safety guy or council resilience person would be at the stadium unless a major incident occurred. At football clubs you would have stadium safety officers but in reality it’s not really proper workplace health and safety as most people know it. These jobs normally fall to ex police top brass who know more about crowd safety and security.

Sweetheart likes this

59 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Was there a difference in how Frankfurt were treated as compared to our fans? Was it all down to their liaison capabilities?  Was there any kind of prejudice on display as to how our fans were treated? 

Genuine questions. Curious if any particular attitude towards our fans particularly was evident? Things like them having Tifo and us being denied it despite requests being made make me wonder.

There was a few close to the Frankfurt fans on FF saying it was the same in the concourses in their end. Few close to kicking off.

25 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I have mixed views on Greg. 

I’ve spoken to him and genuinely think he’s a decent enough boy. 

I think his job is tiresome and he’s lumped with a monumental amount of shite and a huge lack of resource. 

As for him being on here he took a massive amount of personal abuse - so don’t blame him for fucking off (appreciate some may think otherwise on that). 

Do I think he does well in his position? Absolutely not. Do I think he’s to blame? Absolutely not. 

The clear lack of care for our fans doesn’t generate from him, it generates from those who run our Club. Until that changes nothing else will.

Got it spot on.

28 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I have mixed views on Greg. 

I’ve spoken to him and genuinely think he’s a decent enough boy. 

I think his job is tiresome and he’s lumped with a monumental amount of shite and a huge lack of resource. 

As for him being on here he took a massive amount of personal abuse - so don’t blame him for fucking off (appreciate some may think otherwise on that). 

Do I think he does well in his position? Absolutely not. Do I think he’s to blame? Absolutely not. 

The clear lack of care for our fans doesn’t generate from him, it generates from those who run our Club. Until that changes nothing else will.

For a fanbase of our size we should have a team of people liaising and helping, instead of one guy getting pelted on Twitter. Must be stressful tbh.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I don’t believe a police safety guy or council resilience person would be at the stadium unless a major incident occurred. At football clubs you would have stadium safety officers but in reality it’s not really proper workplace health and safety as most people know it. These jobs normally fall to ex police top brass who know more about crowd safety and security.

I thought the police plan the health and safety of the match, they could have sent for emergency bottled water and turned the taps on. 

15 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I thought the police plan the health and safety of the match, they could have sent for emergency bottled water and turned the taps on. 

supplying water to private business is nothing to do with local police, councils may do this along with food and shelter for a major incident but this was totally on whoever was running the management of the stadium which will be Seville with uefa pulling a lot of the shots. 

4 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

supplying water to private business is nothing to do with local police, councils may do this along with food and shelter for a major incident but this was totally on whoever was running the management of the stadium which will be Seville with uefa pulling a lot of the shots. 

They, uefa deemed the stadium fit for purpose so it’s on them, plods got nothing to do with the facilities or the catering for that matter but apparently there’s some sort of apology from uefa going about, don’t know how genuine it is, but that’s awfy nice of them. 

Real Ranger and Bad Robot like this

On 19/05/2022 at 06:56, Real Ranger said:

After having almost every possession  thrown in bins, from phone chargers to any liquids by the Seville polis, once inside the ground our entire section had one kiosk in operation. It took 30 minutes in a queue only to discover they had run out of water. With the temperature hitting 30 degrees supporters resorted to drinking out of the taps in the bogs, that was until the taps stopped working.

The stadium was unfit to hold a major final in every way.

Reading through this horror story honestly think there will have to be an enquiry into what happened.
My daughter put a shot of my son in the crowd on facebook,and her friend who lives in Turin saw it and responded with 'he looks more nervous than the players' not knowing they were forced to walk 5 miles in scorching sun,and she also mentioned the water had run out and the water had been turned off.
FFS this was going round Europe before kick off.
Cunts need sacked and fans need compensated for the items taken from them.
A lot of people who had chargers taken from them,had them to make sure phones wouldn't run out of charge because the tickets were in their phones and to contact people after the match.

Real Ranger and surfsup2 like this

7 hours ago, sRcFoCt said:

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Let's hope no-one gets legionaries disease

Symptoms of Legionnaires' disease include:

a cough

difficulty breathing

chest pain

a high temperature

flu-like symptoms

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/legionnaires-disease/

Well thats just what I wanted to read on my Friday morning, must have had over a litre of the stuff.

The chances of legionnaires disease  from the stadium will be slim tbh, the water will be pulled through once or twice a week and the temperature was way under 20degrees it was a shambles but I don’t think we need to put up stuff like that and scaremongering.

more chance of a stomach bug from it than legionaries.

8 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I believe the SLO has reported the 'high temperatures and no water situation' to UEFA.  Maybe those that went should file a class action against the Police match official who was in charge of health and safety. The police official could have insisted the water was turned back on in the bathrooms and emergency bottled water was brought in immediately.

The SLO he's a complete embarrassment, he should have been finding out before not after the event that everything was in place to make sure fans were safe, I've been to a lot of European trips, entry to the parks is always a shambles, contacted him, he does nothing, but this time was horrendous and somebody could have been seriously injured. You mentioned the police they were the biggest problem, going out of their way to antagonize our support hoping for confrontation, the fuckers even took sun cream of my wife on the way in.

At least one german media picked this shit show up. Maybe interesting for you too.. So in our section it was exectly the same situation. Only difference I guess.. We are not that crazy party and drinking beasts like you.. So maybe the maiorety of us were in a bit better shape when the game startet. https://www.kicker.de/die-wassersituation-war-unter-aller-sau-902813/artikel

Inceligo and Bad Robot like this

8 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I've answered you on another post about the police they were a disgrace and didn't give a fuck about supporter safety, over 90 degree heat and they took a small bottle of sun cream off my wife when we were entering the ground