Recruitment

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

This is going to be an overhaul summer.

At least a dozen outgoings. More if some like Aribo and Morelos don't sign extensions.

Need to push out Barisic, Kamara, Simpson, Katic, and more, plus those out of contract all need to go.

We could sign 11 new starters and we'd not be top heavy squad wise.

I think Kamara still has a role to play. Wouldn’t be trying to force him out 

Just now, NorthernLights said:

Not sure were he fits in team tbh.

looks like 4-2-3-1 is Gios preferred system.

we can’t keep Playing 2 defensive minded sitters in Scotland. It’s got to be a CDM (Lundstram) and a number 8/ box to box midfielder.

If we went into next season with something along the lines of a 1st team consisting McLaughlin, Tav, New CB, Helander, Bassey, Lundstram, Jack, New AM, Kent, Morelos, New Forward.

Then had backup squad of McRorie, Souttar, Balogun, Barisic, Sands, Arfield, Aribo, Kamara, Roofe, Wright, Sakala and Hagi, Lowry plus youth players etc.

If we spent 5-6m each on quality for the new positions I mentioned that should be good enough imo. All comes down to recruitment though..

Or maybe I'm just desperately trying to find something to be optimistic about as a way out of the misery I'm feeling the now

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm not sure about this tbh.

Due to various circumstances, I think apart from Bassey, Morelos, Tav, McLaughlin and Lundstram there is an argument all could be sold. 

McGregor - Retire

Balogun, Roofe, Helander and Jack all injury prone. Ofoborh heart issue.

Aribo, Kent inconsistent and a year left on their deals. Kamara not been good enough this year.

Diallo, Ramsey hopefully away, Sands can join them imo.

Itten, Simpson and Davis should be let go.

Wouldn't have gave Arfield a new deal either tbh.

The problem is we can't change a whole squad.

Is Alfie not out of contract next summer too, so we may have to move him on or risk him leaving for nothing

1 hour ago, Hilly86 said:

We suggest this every summer without a league win. As much as it feels like it should happen now, it rarely does. And our record of buying/loaning quantity over quality of late isn't encouraging.

Unless we accept losing assets for nothing like we have with Goldson,or retain those going out of contract,then its exactly what will happen.

And needs to happen.

31 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

The Kamara before Gerrard left I'd agree.

The once since then is unreliable, offering little. I'd happily sell him to the EPL if we could get a good turn out of it.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The Kamara before Gerrard left I'd agree.

The once since then is unreliable, offering little. I'd happily sell him to the EPL if we could get a good turn out of it.

Oh if there’s a good offer he’s one we could do without. Thought he was being put in the category of “take whatever we can get”

1 hour ago, RobertN said:

Attacking players please quality and quantity

We have cover in defence 

Really?

We typically have 4 CHs

Next season - injury prone Souttar, Helander, and inexperienced King are 3 of them. Balogun or Katic may be the 4th if we decide against signing a new one. I reckon we need 2 new CHs and move some others from above out however possible.

Tavs cover has disappeared off the face of the earth. Sands as cover? Really?

Barisic imo is gone. He's a shite bag. Bassey has the jersey, has he any cover?

Defence has numbers, but so little quality or injury related reliability.

Never going to happen in time. Gio will be expected to qualify with what he has at his disposal. It'll be difficult seeing how bare bones the squad could be at the time and how he reliant we are on winning at home to get us through.

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

Gio needs to have his targets. If it's left to Wilson I fear the worst.

Ultimately it will be down to the board . If they tell RW he's on a shoestring budget , as appears at the last few windows , then we really are fucked . 

Post Saturday, the players still deserve some credit for their efforts this season but that’s where the sentiment ends, we’ve just lost instant money in the coffers so, to qualify, we need players in quickly and if that means some of the squad get sold, so be it. We need to move on and avoid a repeat of previous windows. 

In the summer we need to rebuild the defence but imo the lack of goals has cost us hugely. 

None of our attacking players get anywhere near enough goals or assists. Kris boyd always says something that I agree with 100% our main forward should be scoring 25 goals easily a season with the amount of chances we make. 

Is it true kent has 3 goals for us all season? For a player that cost more than half the outlay of the entire team last night that's horrendous. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

In the summer we need to rebuild the defence but imo the lack of goals has cost us hugely. 

None of our attacking players get anywhere near enough goals or assists. Kris boyd always says something that I agree with 100% our main forward should be scoring 25 goals easily a season with the amount of chances we make. 

Is it true kent has 3 goals for us all season? For a player that cost more than half the outlay of the entire team last night that's horrendous. 

3 goals all season and 1 since December truly is shocking for a player of his talent to be honest. 

I fully expect to lose all or most of our saleable assets due to some wanting away and  some nearing end of contracts and the need to capitalise on their sale value, so Aribo, Kent, Kamara, and possibly Bassy and Morelos. Wasn’t there a rumour about interest in Tav as well. And then we have Goldson leaving and probably McGregor and Davis too. Questions over the reliability of a Helander, Balogan, and Jack and Roofe. Players way out on the fringe or loans  probably moved on or released.

Potentially huge turnover.  Should never have been allowed to get to this stage. Just hope with some transfer funds, that Gio can identify good quality replacements and our emerging youngsters can step up to the plate.

An interesting summer ahead!

3 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I wouldn’t either, but wouldn’t be remotely fussed if he left for a decent fee. This time last year he would have been one of the last I’d want to see leave.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Really?

We typically have 4 CHs

Next season - injury prone Souttar, Helander, and inexperienced King are 3 of them. Balogun or Katic may be the 4th if we decide against signing a new one. I reckon we need 2 new CHs and move some others from above out however possible.

Tavs cover has disappeared off the face of the earth. Sands as cover? Really?

Barisic imo is gone. He's a shite bag. Bassey has the jersey, has he any cover?

Defence has numbers, but so little quality or injury related reliability.

Look at the goal difference in the Spl

Look at last night we would have won if we had one more quality attacking player available ala Roofe

We need strength and depth in these areas urgently

53 minutes ago, RobertN said:

Look at the goal difference in the Spl

Look at last night we would have won if we had one more quality attacking player available ala Roofe

We need strength and depth in these areas urgently

Tough one isn’t it? On paper Itten and Sakala were the kind of signings we should be making but just haven’t hit those highs