*****Official Rangers vs Hearts Scottish Cup Final match thread*****

Congratulations to Gio & the Squad, the very, very least we deserve from this season. With any luck we can continue our good form in Europe next season and do the seemingly impossible and negotiate the CL qualifiers into the group stage and thus watch the Scum spew as their most talked about CL windfall is halved.

After the devastating loss on Wednesday, no amount of praise is sufficient for the effort and desire of our players today.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'm amazed their parent company have put up with their nonsense for this long.

The parent company is a place that has been riddled with peados and a blind eye being turned for decades. Remind you of anyone? There's a reason this nonsense has been ignored. Birds of a feather and all that

Thank goodness for that we deserved to win today if we had a finisher we could have score 6 or 7, but not complaining delighted to get the cup monkey off our backs, Jack and Wright made a big impact they speed up our play which turned the game our way....its great to finish with a trophy.

BTW Gollum is still a shite ref and needs questioned. 

Don’t know how to sum things up. Going to dump my brain here. It feels nothing more than a consolation yet again for these players who have given absolutely everything and deserved more. A consolation for Wednesday more than anything. I thought we were bang average most of the game and it was telling we didn’t have a striker. However, need to commend our fitness levels yet again. Jacko deserved his goal and delighted for him. Scott Wright took his brilliantly too and we could have had another 3 from there.

Calvin Bassey - wow. Give this boy a 5 year deal tomorrow. Not afraid to say it but I think he is one of our best players in the squad. The season has had this year has been remarkable. Don’t know if it’s possible to get back that far on here but I’m sure I was saying last season this boy had potential after only a few games in the first time. He’s a fucking machine. Deserved MOTM and if only he had gotten that goal in the second half.

Shagger - wish him nothing but the best in whatever he does next. Forget the black mark back in 2012. Over his time here and certainly since he came back the performances and the number of big (genuinely world class) saves he has made has been remarkable. I only wish there was a stronger word. Club legend for me & hall of fame material. You can see what this club means to him. 

To avoid dragging on here, because I could, this team deserve this Scottish Cup and a lot more. Wednesday still hurts and it will hurt for us all and the players for some time yet, but they deserve this today. They deserve the break they are about to have and their holidays. For some it is their last with us and I thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best. The others know fine well we go again very, very soon.

Finally, to Connor Goldson, it hasn’t been an easy ride big man but all the best. To come back from what he has prior to joining us and play around 98% of games available is colossal. You will definitely be missed in and around the changing room and from the stands. I don’t think we or you just know quite how much yet. It is just a shame you don’t have more medals to your name, especially the big one on Wednesday. Maybe just my opinion but it would have been very fitting. 

Least we deserved this season, Bassey was absolutely ridiculous yet again, boys turned into some player 

Thought Wright gave us far more upfront when he came on, Diallo looked a bit lost again. 

The rest speak for themselves, crazy levels of fitness from the ones who played on Wednesday, could see they were knackered