*****Official Rangers vs Hearts Scottish Cup Final match thread*****

Delighted we brought the old trophy back home today. A first trophy for some of our players and for the manager who once again called it correctly with the subs.

It may have not been the season we expected by losing a league that we really should not have. However in some ways this season was something much more special. I said it on Thursday morning but the moments we've had in the last 3 months are some of the best we will ever have supporting our great club.

Though there was a major blip during Gio's reign it is clear we are in good hands with him. The recovery since losing at parkhead has been superb and a couple of silly results against Motherwell and Dundee Utd really cost us as did the celtic game at Ibrox. However, it is now clear he has their manager's number which is so vital going forward.

Squad in and outs will be the big question over the summer but I'm sure we have installed the right man to put it all together and get us that league title back next year along with another cup or two.

On to the next one, WATP!

10 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Sorry if this was covered earlier, but can anyone clarify what Gordon was claiming for as Jack's shot came back out of the net before he has even moved?

Think he was taking a chance at claiming either Goldson was offside or that Wright was blocking his sight. Neither were even the tiniest bit true. It's just what you do when you lose a crucial goal.

4 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

For anyone unfamilar with this, we have history with keepers at that end of Hampden being rinsed.

Thought of that goal as soon as I seen Jacks today.  
Two of a kind in terms of how beautifully they were struck and two of a kind in Leighton & Gordon, two absolute throbbers.  

3 minutes ago, Graham said:

now the win has been celebrated. collum was a disgrace today. shocking refereeing.

He waved countless fouls against us on and gave them free kicks that were ours.

Normal for him. 

Make the refs professional full timers like the players imo.

Fantastic result today more than earned it from a bunch of cheating bastards alongside that corrupt cunt collum I'd be putting an official complaint in over the decision making countless times today .

It's fine Gio raising the points at full time like he did but the club cant tolerate these blatant shitshows any longer.

It was so fucking blatant it was as if he was trying to impress that SFA shower of freeloading bastards in the stand who have nothing but contempt for our club .

The Rangers ripped their fucking pet team a new arse last week and again today the self belief is incredible backed by a bunch of total fucking nutters to a man and wummin maybe now the players get it.

Never felt as if we wouldn't score outwith the convenient inevitable interventions of Father Collum .

Our players are literally stopped from competing yet get roughed up constantly whilst these Bastards in this corrupt league gain countless advantages through blatant cheating .

Been some season bar a fucking nightmare at the paedodome and two shit games against Motherwell and county that league was ours that still stings allied with their fucking bullshit with postponements if the league programme I hope we crush them and every other bastard in this league like the road to 55 and build this team as the fans are 100% behind them.

16 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Sorry if this was covered earlier, but can anyone clarify what Gordon was claiming for as Jack's shot came back out of the net before he has even moved?

Twas the dark arts - he was suggesting Jack hand balled it to control/ some unidentified Rangers player hand balled with the intention of planting the seed of doubt in the officials. Utter bollocks. 

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Well done Rangers, felt fucking tremendous watching us lift the Scottish Cup in person, felt like a lifetime since I've seen us lift a major domestic cup in that fucking midden, fantastic day out and the support was immense as well, cheered me right up that did.

Glad you got a ticket, was it outside beforehand?

18 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Because he's a cheating bastard who will do anything to try and distract the official .

McFaddens a fucking fraud as well that cunt Gordon put his hand up claiming there was a Rangers player offside as the goal went in not because he could see his two players fall on their arse from a cleanly taken strike 

21 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Think he was claiming Wright impeded him at the start, who was being pushed in to Gordon by a Hearts player…

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He waved countless fouls against us on and gave them free kicks that were ours.

Normal for him. 

Make the refs professional full timers like the players imo.

that wont make collum better he is just a poor ref who wants to be the centre of attention  full time wont change that

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

Thought of that goal as soon as I seen Jacks today.  
Two of a kind in terms of how beautifully they were struck and two of a kind in Leighton & Gordon, two absolute throbbers.  

I despised Leighton as part of that Sheep squad that delighted in pissing over us during the Ferguson period at Aberdeen, however, with the obvious caveat that he played for the Scum, I do respect Gordon as a very, very good keeper who kept the score down today. Hearts fans revel in their 5-1 defeat of Hibs a few years ago, we should have at the very least beaten that by 2 or 3 today, how that went to extra time is a Willie Colum inspired miracle.

11 minutes ago, Graham said:

now the win has been celebrated. collum was a disgrace today. shocking refereeing.

Some of his decisions were genuinely baffling. Lost count the number of free kicks we should of had in the second half. Done his absolute best to deprive us of the cup. 

Fantastic to win the cup. We were literally inches away from this being the best season ever. Such fine margins but I think we should applaud the players and staff for rallying after losing our manage half way into the season.

We could have completely fell apart on all fronts. Just got to try and improve and hopefully have another go in Europe.

14 minutes ago, billscott said:

that wont make collum better he is just a poor ref who wants to be the centre of attention  full time wont change that

He wouldn't pass the interview for a full time ref. Fuck knows how he makes the mark part-time.