Loans

The sale of Patterson and the Europa League run must have put a heathier pespective to the financials.

I am calling for no more loan players. Buy those we can afford and for the rest promote from the academy. For me that's the way forward.

With the likes of Hagi, Morelos, Helander and Katic due back next season we start from a strong position. I get that loanees are seen as the cheep option but I want no more of them.

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The sale of Patterson and the Europa League run must have put a heathier pespective to the financials.

I am calling for no more loan players. Buy those we can afford and for the rest promote from the academy. For me that's the way forward.

With the likes of Hagi, Morelos, Helander and Katic due back next season we start from a strong position. I get that loanees are seen as the cheep option but I want no more of them.

This.

We need to move in this direction and I'm feeling Gio could do that with our great youngsters next season.

Couldn’t agree more mate. By and large loans have not worked well for us for as long as I can recall. It’s not as if loans can’t work, but we just don’t seem to get anyone in who really enhances the squad. It pains me to see loanees starting or coming on ahead of promising youngsters. I know we can’t just throw youngsters in if they’re not good enough. But we do seem to have some really promising players really on the fringes now. Lowry and King are obviously the two that come to mind. Haven’t seen much of Weston in the B team but he’s surely got potential to be knocking on the door, plus the Colombian boy. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

The scums loans in the summer won them a league title tbh.

Exactly. Anyone not wanting someone who delivers the equivalent of Jota has is plain daft. And writing off the loan signing of say a Billy Gilmour purely because its a loan is equally stupid.

Make the most of all options, but make it the right players. It may even free some cash to go further for quality of those we do buy.

5 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Loans work if you loan the right players.

Our problem seems to be that our director of football couldn’t pick his fucking nose. 

Can't disagree with you. Loans with an option to buy I can live with. I would just prefer us to buy within our budget and there is no point in having an acedemy if we cannot bring our own youngsters through to the first team squad.

5 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Loans are a very useful way to supplement the squad.

Look at how celtic have used Jota and Carter-Vickers this season.

If they want to make Jota and Carter-Vickers proper signings then then they are looking at the thick end of 20M to just stand still. Not a sustainable model.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

If they want to make Jota and Carter-Vickers proper signings then then they are looking at the thick end of 20M to just stand still. Not a sustainable model.

Easy enough when you are guaranteed £40m+ from bein automatically qualifies for the CL.

8 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I would take Diallo, right back to Manchester, free of charge, what an imposter.

He's taken time to settle but has looked the part over the last few games, he'll kick on next year if we can keep him. 

We need to bring in at least two loan signing if we are to compete in Europe, but they need to be the right players, and starters, not bench fillers, and definitely not plagued by injuries.