Tomorrow is massive btw

GOAT

13 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Penarol?

Nacional.   That mob are only 6 trophies behind.  But I’ve checked both their honour list and it’s full of single trophies etc, no sure if that’s including trophies won the equivalent of Glasgow cups etc.  if we included that, there wouldn’t even be a contest. 

4 hours ago, bassettger said:

I hope Gio gets to sign more mentally robust players. Borna Barasic definitely needs to go and Goldson while a good player is also soft mentally. Problem is Ross Wilson is not good enough and will probably get in Gios way.

Back to this absolute balls I see.

55 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Nacional.   That mob are only 6 trophies behind.  But I’ve checked both their honour list and it’s full of single trophies etc, no sure if that’s including trophies won the equivalent of Glasgow cups etc.  if we included that, there wouldn’t even be a contest. 

Plus, I'm sure the scum include wartime titles and trophies. Where we, quite rightly, dont

17 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Plus, I'm sure the scum include wartime titles and trophies. Where we, quite rightly, dont

Unfortunately, world war 1 titles are official, world war 2 are not.  Not that I would ever want them to be. 

33 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Unfortunately, world war 1 titles are official, world war 2 are not.  Not that I would ever want them to be. 

So is it true that they include WW2 titles? What years was the league officially suspended?

45 minutes ago, OzzieBear said:

So is it true that they include WW2 titles? What years was the league officially suspended?

They include Ww1 titles, the league wasn’t suspended then, we won 9 in a row during WW2, but the league was suspended into two regional north and south leagues during WW2.

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

They include Ww1 titles, the league wasn’t suspended then, we won 9 in a row during WW2, but the league was suspended into two regional north and south leagues during WW2.

Thanks for info.

So does that mean no one counts WW2 titles, and the story about them counting war titles relates to WW1 ?

11 minutes ago, OzzieBear said:

Thanks for info.

So does that mean no one counts WW2 titles, and the story about them counting war titles relates to WW1 ?

Good article here.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/Rangers-dominated-wartime-football-but-should-their-titles-be-recognised-in-the-record-books-2504693

10 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

How could we have won 9 titles in 1940-1945?

We won the 1939 and 1947 official league titles and all 7 emergency war league titles.  

1939/40 league title was known as the emergency war league it was split between two leagues east coast and west coast, us and Falkirk finished top of both leagues and we best Falkirk in a one of play off to win the league.  The following seasons until the 1946/47 season the league was split into north and south, no play offs we finished top of the the southern league each year.  So 9 in a row.   We were fighting a war though so who cares?

10 hours ago, OzzieBear said:

Thanks for info.

Aye pretty much, although I’ve seen a few people say they count wins and goals against us during WW2 in their official records. Don’t know if that’s true or not though.

On 20/05/2022 at 12:15, GOAT said:

I was feeling sorry for myself aw day yesterday still am to be honest.  But as gutting as it is right now I’ve just discovered the tarriers are only three trophies behind us now.  We NEED to win this game tomorrow, most importantly because it’s a trophy and we’re Rangers, but secondly because we’re letting these bastards catch us now.  

so let’s all stop feeling sorry for ourselves tomorrow and get behind the squad and win this cup. 

Hadn’t really thought about the totals regarding the importance of today .I was thinking of this being the equivalent of a hangover cure .

Winning today will take the edge of things after Wednesday.Not winning today will mean a grim few weeks for us .