***** Official Rangers Transfer Activity Summer 2022 *****

Players on holiday, plenty coming back from long-term injury, trying to plan for a squad before a Champions League qualifier - fully expecting Souttar to be the only new starter for that first game.

It's a lovely idea that we get our business done early, but imagining we get to the last days of the transfer window, having resigned every player with a year left on his contract and therefore able to tell English clubs 'no'...unlikely?

The players on last year of contracts need to extend contract if they are to remain at Rangers or sold this summer if not part of plans, we need to keep Alfie, Kent and Aribo if we want to do well next season, if we keep Bassey it needs to be at left back, get rid of Barisic, Katic, bring in another L/B as cover for Bassey and when we need him at cb, Lowry needs to take the step up next season. Goalie is fine imo if McGregor retires which I think he should. I would punt Sakala and Itten also and bring in another striker.

GK McLaughlin, McCrorie 

RB Tav, Pole

LB Bassey, Barisic 

CB Souttar, King, Helander, Bazoer, Sands 

CM Lundstram, Jack, Kamara, McCann, Arfield, Gilmour, Bazoer, Sands

CAM Hagi, Lowry, Arfield 

RW Wright, Hagi + Top signing 

LW Kent + decent signing 

ST Morelos, Roofe, + decent signing 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If there is any substance to the Gilmour rumours going about I'm all in (granted it is Twitter).

Gilmour, Lowry & McCann guided by Lundstram, Jack and maybe Davis sounds good to me.

As much as I love Kamara & Aribo, now is the time to sell.

If that’s our midfield then we are fairly fucked. 

1 minute ago, nik2402 said:

If that’s our midfield then we are fairly fucked. 

Then I can't wait to hear your three midfield players if you think three capped internationals. two promising youngsters and our best player for the last 4 months are bad options.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If there is any substance to the Gilmour rumours going about I'm all in (granted it is Twitter).

Gilmour, Lowry & McCann guided by Lundstram, Jack and maybe Davis sounds good to me.

Don’t think we’ll sell Kamara and agree on Aribo. How much do you think we’d get for Aribo?

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

His uncle is the blogger 4lhad and he’s said there’s fuck all in it and won’t be happening 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Then I can't wait to hear your three midfield players if you think three capped internationals. two promising youngsters and our best player for the last 4 months are bad options.

It’s not that they are bad players. Lundstrum, Jack, Davis and Gilmour all play holding midfield. If you’re happy to have McCann and Lowry as attacking goal threats in midfield then I worry about your judgment. 

9 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We’ll do well to get half that figure. He has 12 months on his deal, you lose a massive amount of value when clubs can speak to you in less than 6 months 

Don’t see why we can’t expect £12m-£15m even in the last year of contract. He is an international player. And playing regularly in the latter stages of European competition. And a fine player 

20 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We’ll do well to get half that figure. He has 12 months on his deal, you lose a massive amount of value when clubs can speak to you in less than 6 months 

The scum got £13.5m for Ajer in his final year!

1 hour ago, nik2402 said:

It’s not that they are bad players. Lundstrum, Jack, Davis and Gilmour all play holding midfield. If you’re happy to have McCann and Lowry as attacking goal threats in midfield then I worry about your judgment. 

No. I never quite said that. I believe we will still sign a marquee midfield player.

14 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The scum got £13.5m for Ajer in his final year!

Appreciate that, but they’d hyped him as the next van Dijk and clubs in England will pay over the odds for that. 

Completely agree, we should get more, but I don’t think it’ll work out that way for Kent and Aribo.