Squad fitness

Graham

We’ve consistently shown we’ve the legs to go deep in games, how Calvin Bassey consistently delivers what he does down the flank is astonishing. I hope next season we don’t need to take as many games deep though, let’s learn to finish teams off early.

2 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

We’ve consistently shown we’ve the legs to go deep in games, how Calvin Bassey consistently delivers what he does down the flank is astonishing. I hope next season we don’t need to take as many games deep though, let’s learn to finish teams off early.

4 ET times in the number of KO ties we have played is probably not out of the ordinary. What is amazing is they all happened in one season and we've been brilliant in all of them. Won 3 and unlucky in the other.  I agree in the league though. draws cost us big time.

I would absolutely love to spend the day speaking with the coaches and sports science staff understanding how they manage to peak these athletes and keep them on top of their game throughout the season. Must be really tough to push them enough to maximise performance without being over trained. It's a fine art what these top coaches do!

It’s only when you take a step back and think about things - not only this season but in previous seasons too - that you realise the scale of the fitness levels we have. They are all athletes. Unbelievable stuff and as someone said above, big Bassey unbelievable. Tav too - he has been doing it for years - but Bassey today and against them in the semi final absolutely astonishing. 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Calvin Bassey has Lance Armstrong as his personal pharmacist.

Surely it’s the only explanation, guy is fucking superhuman 😂 

Usually athletes can either be big and strong but slow, rapid over a short distance but poor stamina, or excellent stamina but weak and average speed.

Calvin Bassey defies logic and is somehow all 3 at once. Not to mention he’s actually very skilful, has the heart of a lion and as shown by some of his crosses today is improving in that area as well.

2 hours ago, JograBear said:

If we had a fit striker I think our end of season may have been a bit different. 

It all goes down to the decision to invest the £2M or whatever in the Ramsey loan rather than use that to buy a credible backup/alternative striker to Morelos. 

That decision alone cost us the league and arguably the Europa League.