Squad fitness

Graham

We played 120 minutes against Braga on a Thursday, then another 120minutes against the Tims on the Sunday. We blew the Tims away, fitness wise. 

Same again this week. We actually seem stronger playing 120 mins midweek! 

Kent and Bassey in particular just got fitter as the game wore on. Unbelievable. 

I do a lot of work in Edinburgh ,Got talking to a couple of Jambo cunts during the week .They both wanted us to go to extra time on Wednesday so that we would be fucked for the SC final and they would be favourites .

Both times I said .I wouldn’t be banking on that .We had come back from hard European games already and been fitter and stronger than the Tarriers twice .

Being honest though ,before todays match I wasn’t particularly confident of us having the same levels of fitness as we had had .Emotional energy as well as physical energy was put to its limits on Wednesday.

Still can’t believe how strong we finished the game today though even at the death ,All pros should be fit and be able to play games at a decent level twice a week .Maybe we should see energy levels dip near the end of matches but it doesn’t .

The backroom staff deserve credit for being able to prepare the team to be able to cope and of course the players themselves to apply themselves to get to these levels .

9 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Have many teams played the same / more games than us this season? 

Can’t be many in world football that have.

Liverpool have played every game they could possibly have been involved in I’m sure

1 hour ago, Burts91 said:

Liverpool have played every game they could possibly have been involved in I’m sure

They didn’t have to play any European qualifiers though, plus we had an extra Last 32 tie to navigate in the Europa League, Champions League is straight to the last 16.

10 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

We’ve consistently shown we’ve the legs to go deep in games, how Calvin Bassey consistently delivers what he does down the flank is astonishing. I hope next season we don’t need to take as many games deep though, let’s learn to finish teams off early.

In the post match SCF interview, he said the focus is to come back next year after pre-season training "fitter".

Imagine it?

https://youtu.be/t85pM0mhAPI