Scott Wright - Big Game player

ScottBF2

24 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s just alright. Decent goal today and looks better suited to being an impact player.

Never good enough to be a European starter. Miles out his depth.

Actually lays bare how bad our recruitment is that we’ve still not filled the RW slot. 

Scored a just alright goal today which essentially ended the game.

You really are the master of understatement mate. 

Cheer up ffs! Enjoy the moment. It has been a long time coming. 

1 minute ago, left winger said:

In our first 11, yes. But he’s good enough for the squad and bench.

I'm still not sure man. Bar the last couple games I've been very skeptical. When you look at the squad players a the tarriers bring on they make a difference. We should aim for that from squad players and too often I don't think he has done that.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm still not sure man. Bar the last couple games I've been very skeptical. When you look at the squad players a the tarriers bring on they make a difference. We should aim for that from squad players and too often I don't think he has done that.

That’s when he has played well, I’d say. When on from the start - not so much.

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Scored a just alright goal today which essentially ended the game.

You really are the master of understatement mate. 

Cheer up ffs! Enjoy the moment. It has been a long time coming. 

Just raging cause he said Wright is lazy.

36 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s just alright. Decent goal today and looks better suited to being an impact player.

Never good enough to be a European starter. Miles out his depth.

Actually lays bare how bad our recruitment is that we’ve still not filled the RW slot. 

Decent goal - FFS.

The kind of excellent goal we scored loads of when under pressure  during 9 in a row.

Regarding he RW slot it won’t be filled with a top class player before Tav leaves. It will never be a priority before then.

9 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Just raging cause he said Wright is lazy.

No I didn’t. :lol:

He scored a good goal, but so did Bert Konterman - didn’t make him a good player.

If you’re happy with him starting 25+ games next season, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Delighted he scored btw.

Just now, left winger said:

Decent goal - FFS.

The kind of excellent goal we scored loads of when under pressure  during 9 in a row.

Regarding he RW slot it won’t be filled with a top class player before Tav leaves. It will never be a priority before then.

Literally sprinted from his own box, controlled a terrible pass and a cracking placed goal. 

Was probably better than Jack’s.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

He scored a good goal, but so did Bert Konterman - didn’t make him a good player.

If you’re happy with him starting 25+ games next season, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Delighted he scored to btw.

Now it’s a good goal - was only decent a few minutes ago. Keep going, you’ll get there 😉

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Delighted he scored to btw.

Aye I’ll give you that one, was somebody else my apologies.

You just said he’s utter pish and offers absolutely nothing. Who said he should be starting every game ever on here? :lol:

With the way lundstram and Bassey have improved under Gio and his coaching team I think a full pre-season for Wright will really help him, plus that goal will give him loads of confidence.

He’ll be a good squad player but we need better than him, and Diallo for that matter, on the right wing.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Aye I’ll give you that one, was somebody else my apologies.

You just said he’s utter pish and offers absolutely nothing. Who said he should be starting every game ever on here? :lol:

No one.

But if he’s a regular back up then that’s the kind of game time you’re talking. I wouldn’t be comfortable with that.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

With the way lundstram and Bassey have improved under Gio and his coaching team I think a full pre-season for Wright will really help him, plus that goal will give him loads of confidence.

He’ll be a good squad player but we need better than him, and Diallo for that matter, on the right wing.

With Tav we are most likely not needing an out and out right winger but someone comfortable cutting inside.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

No one.

But if he’s a regular back up then that’s the kind of game time you’re talking. I wouldn’t be comfortable with that.

What regular backup player is expected to start over 25 games a season? You’re absolutely at it now. :lol:

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

With Tav we are most likely not needing an out and out right winger but someone comfortable cutting inside.

Probably why we wanted skov olson but that fell through and we went for Diallo.

I think this position is a key signing in the summer

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

What regular backup player is expected to start over 25 games a season? You’re absolutely at it now. :lol:

I’m struggling to find stats for starts this season, but Balogun has had 37 appearances, Sakala 50, Arfield 50, Wright 37, Roofe 36.

He’s not good enough to be involved that regularly.

Anyway, I’m away to keep celebrating rather than moaning. 

Gio is getting things out of players I didn't personally expect him to. Wright is one of them and he's got to be absolutely chuffed with himself given the parts he's played in not only getting us to a Europa league final, but he's won himself a scottish cup now as well.  

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m struggling to find stats for starts this season, but Balogun has had 37 appearances, Sakala 50, Arfield 50, Wright 37, Roofe 36.

He’s not good enough to be involved that regularly.

Anyway, I’m away to keep celebrating rather than moaning. 

Starts?

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Probably why we wanted skov olson but that fell through and we went for Diallo.

I think this position is a key signing in the summer

Depends who is going for me, if we lose a couple of big names we will have bigger positions to fill I think.