Scott Wright - Big Game player

ScottBF2

On 21/05/2022 at 19:12, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm still not sure man. Bar the last couple games I've been very skeptical. When you look at the squad players a the tarriers bring on they make a difference. We should aim for that from squad players and too often I don't think he has done that.

I’m personally attributing it to him improving as a player rather than it being just a good patch of form. Many people said bassey wasn’t good enough at the start of the season. Our current coaching staff are good at improving players imo. 

On 21/05/2022 at 19:26, NeoGeo7 said:

With the way lundstram and Bassey have improved under Gio and his coaching team I think a full pre-season for Wright will really help him, plus that goal will give him loads of confidence.

He’ll be a good squad player but we need better than him, and Diallo for that matter, on the right wing.

Both him and diallo would continue to improve if given chances next season. You can literally see improvement on a game by game basis with the likes of diallo, wright and bassey. This coaching staff are going to make us a fortune with their improvement of young players. 

On 21/05/2022 at 22:20, bluenose244 said:

He played well today but was awful on Wednesday looked out of his depth and was terrified of the ball in my opinion.

Thought he was our only attacking threat in the first half tbh. I agree with other posters though he might have been more effective coming off the bench rather than starting

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Say goodbye to the league then. 

Imo our failure to win the league has been more down to a lack of striker depth than RW. If we had someone to hold the ball up and score goals other than Morelos we would have won the league.  

10 hours ago, Teddybear123 said:

Thought he was our only attacking threat in the first half tbh. I agree with other posters though he might have been more effective coming off the bench rather than starting

He pretty much was our only attacking option on Wednesday.  

Wright hit a rough patch early/midway in the season like 99% of the squad. He coming back though and will get better. He has the pace of any player he's in competition with but he also has a bit of fight in him which others don't have.

2 hours ago, Teddybear123 said:

Imo our failure to win the league has been more down to a lack of striker depth than RW. If we had someone to hold the ball up and score goals other than Morelos we would have won the league.  

RW has been a gaping hole in the side for about 4 years. Fact we haven’t addressed it yet is an embarrassment.

Tried Ojo, Aribo, Hagi, Arfield, Wright, Roofe, Barker and a range of other diddies out there.

Need a proper first pick RW. 

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Won't make it here need much better 

He's made a good contribution as a squad player this season, I'm not sure what more folk would expecting from a free transfer from Aberdeen. More than earned his place in the squad for next season 

Scott Wright will be a big game player when he returns a lot more than 7 goals in 49 games.

I think he's been decent of late, but for most of the season has ran about like a headless chicken.

That said. Decent squad player, not sure he has the quality or consistency to be more than that but would love him to show he can

6 hours ago, magic8ball said:

After scoring the goal that made sure we win the SC and started a European final you would think he would have had a Scotland call up .

Why? His good performances can be counted on one hand, good goal or not. 

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Why? His good performances can be counted on one hand, good goal or not. 

Not an abundance of attacking threat in the squad though so he could have made a place for him and left out 1 of the keepers or 1 of the 20 or so defenders he's picked