John Souttar

Just now, Goianegra said:

Needs a poll imo. Is he started for us or not? Should we be looking for better or does it depend on who stays?

Big decisions to be made, but I like what I seen today.

Think he will start on the right hand side and I wouldn’t be surprised if we go for Wesley Hoedt (who was tenuously linked in January) to replace Goldson as they are very similar in playing styles and distribution on the left hand side of the centre defence.

RFC55 likes this

Looking forward to him getting started. Just one point though - I really hope he can deliver the volume of games that Goldson and Tav do. We have had our fair share of injury prone players over the last 4 years. 

Real Ranger and terry739 like this

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Need to see how he does against a team that plays forwards against him though 🙂

Exactly. Umpteen unchallenged crosses he cleared.

Did match Sakaka for pace at the end, tbf.

J-Maestro likes this

Souttar was very very impressive and when you consider that was his first game since March the 5th it's even more impressive.

I can hardly wait till our science team get their hands on him , it'll do his fitness and injury woes the World of good.

I think Balogun will probably sign on for another year.

But even then I still think we need to be spending a fair amount on a quality centre back this summer.

We can’t go from an ever present like Goldson into next season with Helander, Balogun & Souttar as 3 of 4 our main centre backs, chances are all 3 of them will be spending a quarter of the season out injured at a minimum.

King, Helander, Souttar, Balogun & £3 to 5 Million on a quality centre back (someone like Doekhi on a free would’ve been ideal)

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He was their best player.

Hopefully has more about him than Webster who also came in as their best.

I saw Andy Webster play and score for Rangers against Gretna 15 years ago so I did. Then he was never seen again.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He was their best player.

Hopefully has more about him than Webster who also came in as their best.

Another one who spent years on our treatment table then moved on and was relatively injury free afterwards.  :ang:

The Godfather likes this

Souttar's always looked like a quality centre half, only questions have been about his fitness. If he stays fit then i think he's a damn good signing personally, and it helps with the home-grown player quota for Europe.