John Souttar

Clemdog

I really hope he's not the direct replacement for Goldson. To go from someone you can rely on to play every game to someone with Souttar's injury record would be a massive problem. And that's before we even address how much better a player Goldson is.

Having said that, Souttar was excellent today and is clearly a good option to have in the squad, and potentially as our second starting CB if we're playing Bassey at LB.

Clearly his injury record is a concern but if he can stay fit hopefully he can take his game to the next level.

He's definitely an upgrade to Goldson for playing out from the back, with McLaughlin similarly an upgrade to McGregor from the same perspective.

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

Clearly his injury record is a concern but if he can stay fit hopefully he can take his game to the next level.

He's definitely an upgrade to Goldson for playing out from the back, with McLaughlin similarly an upgrade to McGregor from the same perspective.

He's an upgrade to Goldson! Get a grip 

6 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Walter hinted one night when Webster was meant to start vs killie and pulled out that it was a mental issue with him and when asked why he pulled out Walter said “you better ask him “

went on loan and don’t think missed a game for Wigan or Dundee united or whoever he went to 

Rangers shirt was too heavy mate. 

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

How come? 

Maybe you should reread my initial post? 

But, yeah, if you think Goldson and McGregor are better at playing out from the back than Souttar and McLaughlin then you know nothing about football.

3 minutes ago, five stars said:

Maybe you should reread my initial post? 

But, yeah, if you think Goldson and McGregor are better at playing out from the back than Souttar and McLaughlin then you know nothing about football.

Is this when Souttar isn't out injured, over a guy that has played about every game for us!?. Bearing in mind I have nothing against Souttar and think he is a good player. 

Never answered your point on keepers anyway, I do like McLaughlin and he would prob be my no.1 for next season.

So what do I not know about football you fucking weapon! :confused:

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

That was enough

What do you mean? 3 central defenders playing a team with no central strikers seems a pretty easy gig. I am out of the country and  no coverage of the game available, hence my question. But fair enough if you prefer to try to act smart.

56 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

What do you mean? 3 central defenders playing a team with no central strikers seems a pretty easy gig. I am out of the country and  no coverage of the game available, hence my question. But fair enough if you prefer to try to act smart.

Sometimes feels like everyone is just itching for an argument on here 😂

we absolutely battered Hearts defence yesterday with or without a central striker. Halkett and Souttar stood against that battering admirably. Even their wee right back battled valiantly against a total hammering from Kent and Bassey. He would have slept well last night and he will be sore this morning. 
Souttar played very well yesterday. He was the Hearts man of the match and some of them think he was the best player on the pitch. 

While I am here, five stars is not saying Souttar is better than Goldson. What he said is that Souttar is a better distributor of the ball than Goldson. That should be debated on its merits because Goldson has been pretty good with long balls over the top and I haven’t seen enough of Souttar to judge. But let’s not argue the wrong point. 😂