Has this season been a success?

Just wondering people's thoughts after a few comments on the Gio thread.

For me, yes. 

The way the the league went was really, really poor, but the run to Seville and the win today just about puts the balance towards a successful season. 

Next season qualification to the CL groups is a key target, but winning the league back is, obviously, the main focus.

We've finished the season on a high, let's take today's result and build on it for next season. Mon the Rangers!

Due to the difficulty and recognition in getting to (and damn near winning) the second highest European cup final and winning the Scottish cup for the first time in 13 years and erasing some of the pain of 2016, it has to be regarded as a success.

It was so damn close to being a completely unrepeatable season and it gives me hope that with the right kind of recruitment over the summer (and doing it early) we can qualify for the champions league and go on to win a domestic treble.

A C+

Domestically we won one out of three, and it wasn’t the main one so nah.

In Europe getting knocked out by malmo was total horseshit we were level, at home and had a man advantage with a half to play and fucked it.

Europa league, if we get out of the group stages it’s a success,  to go as far as we did  was exceptional.

On balance, with a managerial change mid season and bad luck with injuries, I’d say it was slight success - league was a massive downer, with Europa run raising the grade a bit.

C+ 

No, not a success but that’s the fine lines at a football club like ours. 

Had we won on Wednesday it would have been 100% one of the best seasons in our history, but we didn’t and we won 1 out of 3 domestic trophies. 

A positive end to the season though, now it’s time for the Gio transformation. 

People need to remember that Gio came in halfway through the season when our manager and whole back room team left which is massive for a squad of players.

He’s not had any money In January and needs time to implement his ideas fully.

Dropping points and losing the league was disappointing but there are great signs to look forward to.

A European final and a cup win will do for me and count as a success. I had the trip of a lifetime with my 9 year old son to Seville despite the result and that’s all down to the manager and players.

Ive actually been so proud of our players staff and Support this last month. It’s onwards and upwards for next season and I’ll be raising a glass to the team for their efforts this season tonight.

It’s been the craziest season I can remember. So many ups and downs. So many tears both in terms of big victories and of course in great sadness at those great people we have lost. 

When you think of how close we were to winning the league (2 draws or so) and how close we were to winning Europa (a penalty shootout) I’d have to say it’s been a successful season.

We must now move on and win that title back next year 

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I think so.

Reached a European final and brought a cup back to Ibrox we have been missing for 13 years. League was disappointing but that was our doing and not the result of some amazing celtic side 

Thats the bit that's hard to take. It's our own fault regards the league. Pleased overall but boy had Wednesday been different...

I'd say more of a glorious failure. I've been so proud of my team this season and have enjoyed it. We put Rangers back on the map but in terms of measuring success it's a no.

Went into the season as favourites to win the league against a depleted celtic. Looking to get champions League football with the opportunity make ourselves financially secure. We failed on both parts albeit down to the rat jumping ship. As it stands we have went from a position of power to a position of weakness allowing our rivals to put themselves years ahead of us potentially.

When SG left it changed our season to a transitional season. New manager, new system, same players, it was always going to get a bit lumpy. I would put the season down as a success: good run in Europe and in to a final, winning the Scottish Cup but the wheels came off in the league. The players mentality needed changed and Gio appears to have started to do that but we still had our post Christmas slump. We will have a lot of changes in personel next season and I hope our attitude becomes more ruthless in games, with no post Christmass slump.

50/50 on this as the shitting of the bed against Hibs in the LCSF and the way we lost our way in the league was terrible, but that has been balanced with a Scottish Cup win which included fucking the tarriers and a truly memorable run in Europe with some brilliant performances.

If pushed I would say yes but the focus next season has to be getting the league title back and dominate the domestic scene for the next 2-3 years.

Short answer No.

A season of what could have been's but it was absolutely essential we won that today after a 13 year absence from our trophy cabinet.

I am made up for that team to not come away empty handed after the season we have endured..

Huge summer ahead, the shoe goes on!