Has this season been a success?

Success? i don't know if we can call it that when we dont win a league title we really should have.

On the other hand this season will live with me for a very long time. I would have loved it if we won the league and even got put out by Dortmund but I don't think in 10/20 years time I'd be talking about it with friends and family.

Our club is about silverware and even though we fell at the final hurdle we can never underestimate what we achieved in Europe this season.

Absolutely, especially since Gio came in after the league cup (which he had no control over to be fair. He did fuck the league but coming to terms with the team would've done that and it was ours to throw away, probably the biggest blemish, he still kept it going and tight towards the end.

But he definitely recovered it with europa league and the tactics there coupled with the scottish cup too. The europa cup which was deicided by one kick as well. It's a definitely a good season but next season focus has to be on the league and another domestic cup. Europe was special this season and is probably the exception and not the rule but knockout stages has to be the most achievable minimum 

It's been a good season. Could be better but that's the standards we have at our club. Managerless when we lost in the league Cup. League should have been wrapped up but we fucked it. Bawhair away from euro glory, but we were outstanding in the competition nonetheless, and finally bringing the Scottish Cup back home after 13 years. Not too bad but not great

I think when you consider injuries (Morelos, Helander, Jack, Hagi etc) and the fact we lost a manager that let’s be honest, we all loved, I think the season could have gone a lot lot worse. Cup under Gio’s belt just a few months into his reign, hopefully the sign of many more to come.

Not to mention I think the players will have even more belief in themselves in Europe after this seasons campaign.

Anyone viewing the end of the season with a trophy as being anything but a success needs to confine themselves to football manager and load up last save whenever a result doesn't go their way. Our club has gone leaps and bounds since coming back up. 

I'd say no but not a total failure either. 

If we'd won on Wednesday then that would have blown any other achievement by them or anyone else out of the water. It would have been better than them winning the league by a mile.

We didn't but getting to a European final is a huge accomplishment for a team built on a shoestring from a backwater league.

Winning the cup today adds a bit of shine to the campaign as well but losing the league to a team that I will always believe are inferior to us is a hard one to take.

I feel like I've played in most of the games tbh, they've took me up and down all season and I'm fucking knackered, season tickets all renewed and looking forward to the new season once again, I will never regard any season as a total failure, I love following this club and always will. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

A European final and a cup has to be.

Need the title back next season though.

tbf if you offered me a spot in the final of the europa cup next year over the lg i think id take it but youre right we do need that lg back

Im very confident that Gio will deliver with his own team.  he is streets ahead of the fat 4-3-3 like for like sub. 

It's a yes from me. Getting to a European final was unbelievable. If wee Mo would have been fit to play against Frankfurt I believe we would have won. We were always going to be up against it playing without a striker.

The league campaign ended up a disaster. But we'll get the title back, as the Aussie at the piggery is a one trick pony. It was great winning the Scottish cup today. Long overdue. More trophy's to follow 🔴🔵🇬🇧

11 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

If we won the league or the Europa then I would definitely consider it a success. Right now I’d have to say it’s amazing to win the Scottish cup but this season has ultimately been a failure with a decent consolation at the end. 

We can only dream of some day emulating the footballing success of great clubs such as Johnstone Burgh FC.

:lol:

1 hour ago, 2nd Flute said:

Great day today, and Wednesday was amazing, but gifting they bastards the league, and the money that goes with it will have a negative effect, we had to win on Wednesday, we didn't. 

We can still be in the champions league, it will be hard with the undoubted change in our squad for next season 

Whether or not it was a success, it certainly was one hell of a strange season. Utterly inept in League Cup semi, league in the bag, then we let it out of the bag, at one point 0-3 up away against the Europa League favourites, getting to Seville and bringing 100K with us, impeccably behaved, and now the Scottish Cup.  Roller coaster doesn't do it justice. 

The cup was the cherry on top. 

But even if we had lost that. A European final, in the financial climate of football these days is an incredible achievement. It hurt now that we lost by a bawhair, but what a run it was.

Sake when you look at the teams in it, it's arguably the toughest it's been. We played 2 favourites on the way, and pumped them off the pitch. If you're being pragmatic, given the teams we played and the way we played, it's arguably the biggest accomplishment a Scottish team has ever had in European competition. Ffs 9 years ago we were in the 4th tier. Shame we didn't bring the trophy home but what a journey it was. 

Was lucky enough to be at our home euro games and each one of them I'll remember till the day I die. Leipzig especially, what an atmosphere to be involved in. In 10, 20, 30 years time will I remember individual journeys to our vast array of titles as well? Probably not, bar 55.

It’s been a massive success on the European stage and commercial wise. Revenue must be at record highs since we returned from the lower leagues.

Domestically we should have had the title wrapped up just after Christmas but we shat the bed. 

The performance today showed this team have the endurance and ability to qualify for the champions league and win next season comfortably.

I think the enthusiastic beasts will implode after the court cases so we really should be in a position to dominate for the next 5 years.

60+ games, 1 trophy. 4 points off the top after being shite at home, runners up in Europa League and 3 players in the Europa team of the season says we have nothing to worry about 

Losing the league imo is never a success, however the positives do outweigh the negatives due to the European run, I hope I see it again, but I doubt it with the finances in this farce we call modern football.

I now have great memories with my old man thanks to the euro run this season, I’ll never forget it. 

I’ve got videos and memories of us beating teams like Leipzig and Dortmund, being in Seville watching my team in a European cup final with friends, knocking celtic out in the semi final in the Scottish cup when we’d just played 120 mins 3 days before and everyone wrote us off. 

I've got more amazing memories and experienced more emotion from this season than when on paper we were more successful honours wise. As someone said, it’s a fine line between winning and losing, and considering the injuries and manager changes we’ve had, it has been a success in my opinion, but we need to build on the form we’ve had at the end of this season.