Stories from Seville

A.T.G

1 hour ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

We gambled and booked Gatwick - Seville returns before the Leipzig game at Ibrox. After the game and celebrations we couldn’t get back to the car quickly enough to try and book everything else - Finally managed to get Glasgow to Gatwick returns, a hotel in Seville (Hotel Becquer) and bought our tickets via the UEFA ballots.

Headed to Glasgow Airport early Tuesday morning - Whilst going through security met Morelos and Hagi and then the Barca Bears in the departure lounge. Had a great laugh in the airport, continued on the plane and was followed by many beers in Wetherspoons Gatwick - Rangers fans everywhere scuttling about going for planes etc

Wednesday in Seville - Went for a walk in the morning, breakfast and beers. Spent the rest of the morning by the pool joined with follow bears. Walked towards the stadium early afternoon stopping for beers/singing then moving on again before stopping beers/singing etc - Just a great atmosphere in the sun. Stopped at another bar and met Dave King and Alastair Johnstone having lunch - Eventually made it to the fanzone then the ground.

Although it didn’t go to plan it was the best 48hrs before the long journey home

No offence mate but how the fuck did it go that smooth 

57 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

No offence mate but how the fuck did it go that smooth 

Thinking the same :lol: I had an absolute nightmare getting from seville back to benalmadena then to the airport for a 7am flight . Still don’t know how a made it considering I was still on bus back from seville at 5.15am:lol:

Their were 7 of us who hired a 7 seater, only 2 had tickets myself and 4 others had tickets for the audotorio fan zone, anyway our taxi to take us back to Benelmadena was sitting outside the auditorio at full time for us unfortunately we had to wait on the other two getting back to us, we were sitting for an hour when countless bears (absolutely blootered) clearly thinking they were up the town when asking our non English speaking driver if they can call them a taxi to take them to albuferia....fuck knows how many folk I tried to explain his taxi company are over 3 hours away from seville :lol:

5 minutes ago, Yanniko said:

A few words from Frankfurt's point of view. From all the madness regarding tickets, hotels, travel strains, horrendous sums of money that you had to spend... There is one big travel point that really made these days really special with decency. My buddies that were you! All you crazy dogs who turned the city into a football paradise. With a sportsmanship that I didn't think was possible and that I don't think we would have shown you the same way, especially after the game, if we had lost. I couldn't believe how many congratulated me sincerely and heartily... Some even crossed the street just to do so. Not the win brought tears to my eyes.. This honest wishes did. That evening gave me back my faith in football. The honest kind of football... The kind of football we love, where heart and passion count... And not just money from a disgusting investor... I give you all my respect... You are truly a star on the football sky and a wonderful club... My uncle used to play football with Stefan Klos as a child... He's been following you for years and I have to admit... I lost a little bit of my heart to you too. .. I hope we'll see you again soon! Make that damn Champions League qualifier so we'll meet again there in the group stage... And if you shoot us out of the Ibrox... I'll congratulate you!

Aye ok @falkirkNS

Flew with my mate from Edinburgh to Palma, slept in Palma Airport then got a flight to Madrid Wednesday morning. Sat outside a wee cafe outside madrid train station with a few bears sinking drink then  Ulley train sitting sith the Qatar loyal to seville. 

Just cut about all day was on a rooftop bar at some hostel at one point and apart from that just enjoying the atmosphere, watched the game at the amphitheatre, slipped and cracked my head a belter on the slippy as fuck ramps, apart from that and the result was a class night.

Spent a night in lanzarote on the Thursday for some R&R before flying back to Edinburgh and hame Friday evening.

Would do it all again tomorrow in a heartbeat.

I wonder if the boy at the game is on here - there was a boy from Killie who was staying in Faro, was telling me about the absolute mission he had getting through to Seville due to his taxi cancelling on him and his mates and he was about to sell his ticket etc. Was wearing a purple kit from the 90s

If it was you, reveal yourself :lol:

We walked from the city centre out to the stadium. We stopped at a small bar, halfway there, for some  food and drink al fresco. We ended up having pigs cheeks with olives on the side. Probably the most middle class pre match meal I've ever had. Was a good call too going by the utter crud they were dishing out at the stadium.

Drove down to Manchester for the 8:20 to Malaga, hired a car (Centaura.....fucking excellent car and service!), drove over to Seville, arriving at the hotel around 3:45pm. Staggered how easy it was to get to the overly expensive hotel we'd booked for the night. Passed loads of Bears along the way (and quite a few passed us......how the fuck you boys managed that at the speed i was doing on those winding roads, who knows?). Only real traffic encountered was passing the Betis Stadium as loads of Bears were arriving early for the screening there. Staggered to find a parking garage under the hotel with spaces free, so out to a local square and beers for just after 4pm. Walked to the stadium about 7pm, arrived at 8pm then dicked around by the horseback cops for a good half hour before being allowed through to have the tickets validated and entry to our seats. A few beers on the way back then up early for a drive back to Torremolinos, where we spent Friday until a flight back to East Midlands around tea time. Back to Glasgow just after midnight. Big shout out to the Sister in Law, who drove down to Manchester with us and brought the car to East Midlands for the return trip. Planned to meet two mates in a local pub Saturday lunchtime only to find the landlord had fucking sold it out to two coachloads of Hearts

On 22/05/2022 at 20:41, A.T.G said:

Think that’s me just starting to accept it and begin to get on with normal thoughts other than Balogun not starting with Bassey wide and Roofe coming on earlier and why Kent didn’t play half as well as yesterday…. 

I had a cracking trip with my 2 boys and 3 of my family. Hours at airports and shit and walking for miles etc etc was a pain in the cunt however….

I decided it would be easier to stay sober and drive from Malaga to Seville to avoid buses, trains and be able to look after the boys coz I knew it would be manic.

Best part of the trip…

Me (35) and my uncle @SURRENDERNO were sat in the front seats of the hire car trying to work out how to turn the fucker on (automatic BMW brand new) and change the maps to English. Looked up and Brian Laudrup walked in front of the car. I started screaming that’s “fucking Brian Laudrup, hoaw, that’s fucking Brian Laudrup” me and the old bawsack uncle start jumping about the front of the car like 2 weans. I couldn’t open the window because I hadn’t been able to work it out but God just stopped in front of the car, laughed at the state of us and went “come on!!!!” He fist pumped the air and shouted “yesss” again and proceeded to walk to his hire car.

One of the greatest moments of my life seeing your hero growing up on his way to the game excited as we were.

What a handsome man, I was erect for quite some time 

Absolute GOD, that he is :lol:.  Glad you got a memory out of it that'll last you til your end of days.

7 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Me and my mate got separated by the polis kettling us and he got in to the stadium before me, and when I finally reached my seat he goes to me “do you know who that is?”, pointing to the guy next to him. I didn’t recognise him at all, and he then informs me that it was Michael Ball, there with his wife and wean.

That surprised me, but he said that the guys around him were talking about it and were getting photos with him, although we didn’t ask, just leaving him to enjoy the game with his family. When we scored he hugged us, and I thought “this is quite cool.”

Got home and checked all of his social media and not one mention of him being at the game. Then saw a picture of his Mrs.

It wasn’t him.

Which one were they meaning - Footballer or Singer? 😄