Starfield

CR3

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Single player isnt it?

I've still got more hopes for Star Citizen, but think they have bitten off more than they can chew.

Yeah it is, I'm glad it's not a space MMO-RPG and just a massive Single-Player RPG to be honest. That's their bread and butter and I'm still salty about how bad Fallout 76 was.

Just now, CR3 said:

Yeah it is, I'm glad it's not a space MMO-RPG and just a massive Single-Player RPG to be honest. That's their bread and butter and I'm still salty about how bad Fallout 76 was when you had loads of other people firing about your world ruining the experience. IMO

Just can't get into single player games, no matter how good they are, it just bores me. Wish they didn't, but just can't get into them.

Champ being the exception.

Played a fair bit of Star Citizen last year and it has serious potential.

I just love how games like Eve can get so big that they have a fully fledged economy where almost every item in the game is crafted by a player etc.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I just love how games like Eve can get so big that they have a fully fledged economy where almost every item in the game is crafted by a player etc.

I was going to work on Eve Online pre-covid but hadn't sorted my passport then it all fell through due to arguing about what they needed for Right to Work. Either missed out on a decent project or dodged a bullet.

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

I was going to work on Eve Online pre-covid but hadn't sorted my passport then it all fell through due to arguing about what they needed for Right to Work. Either missed out on a decent project or dodged a bullet.

Think that would have been a nightmare to be honest, probably dodged a bullet.

Interesting game, but to work on it would suck any enjoyment right out of it.

On 12/06/2022 at 23:25, CR3 said:

Yeah it is, I'm glad it's not a space MMO-RPG and just a massive Single-Player RPG to be honest. That's their bread and butter and I'm still salty about how bad Fallout 76 was.

76 has actually been largely fixed and I find it quite fun. 

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

76 has actually been largely fixed and I find it quite fun. 

Seems like it could be too-little too-late, £60 pre-order and barely wanted to play it, even games like Cyberpunk I was waiting for now have almost ruined any thought of going back to but I might before Starfield. I don't like 'survival' in games at all, I have to add. I just love the Fallout stories. (3,New Vegas & 4)

8 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Seems like it could be too-little too-late, £60 pre-order and barely wanted to play it, even games like Cyberpunk I was waiting for now have almost ruined any thought of going back to but I might before Starfield. I don't like 'survival' in games at all, I have to add. I just love the Fallout stories. (3,New Vegas & 4)

The game I was hyped for was No Man's Sky but haven't played that at all yet. 

With 76 I just waited until the game was largely fixed because there was no way something like that launched smoothly. 

On 14/06/2022 at 19:43, CR3 said:

Started playing fallout 4 and I'm addicted to it, brilliant game 

• 1 month later...
On 14/06/2022 at 19:53, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

The game I was hyped for was No Man's Sky but haven't played that at all yet. 

With 76 I just waited until the game was largely fixed because there was no way something like that launched smoothly. 

Love the Fallout universe and played them all except 76 which I avoided when it became clear that it was basically an online multi player. I understand that you can just about play the game single, but having read plenty of reviews on the subject I am not sure that it would be worth the bother.

26 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Love the Fallout universe and played them all except 76 which I avoided when it became clear that it was basically an online multi player. I understand that you can just about play the game single, but having read plenty of reviews on the subject I am not sure that it would be worth the bother.

It's honestly really fun mate it's my second favourite of them behind new Vegas. 

4 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

it's my second favourite of them behind new Vegas. 

To say that would be an unpopular opinion is an understatement. Ironic that you are straight edge, thought you’d need to be on drugs to say 76 is better than 3/4 .:pipe:

16 minutes ago, CR3 said:

To say that would be an unpopular opinion is an understatement. Ironic that you are straight edge, thought you’d need to be on drugs to say 76 is better than 3/4 .:pipe:

3 is decent but 76 has a better more fun world but 3 is just the same bland look and subway tunnels over and over again but the story is good. 

4 is awful as a fallout game it is a good shooter but there's not much choice and the voiced character means that the 4 choices you get break down to yes, yes but more details, no and a random sarcastic line that also means yes. 

44 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Did you get the DLC’s for 4? @Straight-Edge-Loyal Far Harbour is up there with some of the best content I’ve played in any fallout game.

Yeah I got the GOTY edition and Far Harbour is good but it's nowhere near the Old World Blues or Sierra Madre expansions from New Vegas or the Pitt from 3.

2 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Yeah I got the GOTY edition and Far Harbour is good but it's nowhere near the Old World Blues or Sierra Madre expansions from New Vegas or the Pitt from 3.

You seen much of the Fallout:London mod in the works? Actually looks decent.