McGregor Stays

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

If it means we can focus funds on other departments and Jon McLaughlin starts the season as number 1, then I'm ok with it. 

But that won’t be the case let’s not kid ourselves 

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

If it means we can focus funds on other departments and Jon McLaughlin starts the season as number 1, then I'm ok with it. 

End of the article reads like he will still be competing to be number one tbh 

1 minute ago, MARK92GERS said:

But that won’t be the case let’s not kid ourselves 

Well the first part of the statement is hopefully true, we'll have to wait and see for the second part. I think JM's style suits Gio's play more - he's got much better distribution than McGregor (not that it's hard). 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Well the first part of the statement is hopefully true, we'll have to wait and see for the second part. I think JM's style suits Gio's play more - he's got much better distribution than McGregor (not that it's hard). 

As true as that is Gio continued to play McGregor even though he wasn't a good fit, what is going to change honestly?

Depends on the role he'll have. If we're switching things around and he'll be the back-up to McLaughlin, I can accept it. Always good to have Rangers fans and legends around the squad who can help maintain standards etc etc.

If he's staying number 1 this is an awful decision. Last season was 1 season too many. He went from winning us the league by saving 6-12 points to losing us the league by costing us those points, he's no longer good enough, legend or not.

MurrayWilson and ZZed like this

Just now, Mor3los_1 said:

As true as that is Gio continued to play McGregor even though he wasn't a good fit, what is going to change honestly?

I think the context of that is we had a very unsettled back line with injuries for a lot of last season - perhaps saw him as a bit of a constant.