Jump to content

McGregor Stays


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

If it means we can focus funds on other departments and Jon McLaughlin starts the season as number 1, then I'm ok with it. 

But that won’t be the case let’s not kid ourselves 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

If it means we can focus funds on other departments and Jon McLaughlin starts the season as number 1, then I'm ok with it. 

End of the article reads like he will still be competing to be number one tbh 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MARK92GERS said:

But that won’t be the case let’s not kid ourselves 

Well the first part of the statement is hopefully true, we'll have to wait and see for the second part. I think JM's style suits Gio's play more - he's got much better distribution than McGregor (not that it's hard). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Well the first part of the statement is hopefully true, we'll have to wait and see for the second part. I think JM's style suits Gio's play more - he's got much better distribution than McGregor (not that it's hard). 

As true as that is Gio continued to play McGregor even though he wasn't a good fit, what is going to change honestly?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the role he'll have. If we're switching things around and he'll be the back-up to McLaughlin, I can accept it. Always good to have Rangers fans and legends around the squad who can help maintain standards etc etc.

If he's staying number 1 this is an awful decision. Last season was 1 season too many. He went from winning us the league by saving 6-12 points to losing us the league by costing us those points, he's no longer good enough, legend or not.

MurrayWilson and ZZed like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Mor3los_1 said:

As true as that is Gio continued to play McGregor even though he wasn't a good fit, what is going to change honestly?

I think the context of that is we had a very unsettled back line with injuries for a lot of last season - perhaps saw him as a bit of a constant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 16 August 2022 19:00 Until 21:00
      0  
      Rangers v PSV Eindhoven
      Ibrox Stadium
      UEFA Champions League Qualifying
×
×
  • Create New...