McGregor Stays

esquire8

You don't stand still in football, if you stand still you regress. That regression is ten fold when it's a team of ageing players and those who have lost their hunger and drive for the challenges, which Aribo, Kamara, Morelos, Kent etc all will have.

If you thought last league season was a shambles then this will be a shambles on steroids without major additions to the first team.

If Gio can't be honest with McGregor,  then McGregor should be honest with himself. The fans will be on his back the first mistake he makes and his legacy is in severe danger now.

Don’t see how we improve with an ageing squad. We are t going to get better unless we bring in quality players. Midfield is very bloated just now. Sands, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo and I’m sure young Lowry would of been promised game time. 

53 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I thought he was already having issues with his back. This is a very strange decision 🤔 

I remember those rumours as well which were around the time when Gerrard kept rotating keepers but he managed to play a run of games under Gio so maybe that wasn't true. Baffling decision regardless.

1 hour ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I thought he was already having issues with his back. This is a very strange decision 🤔 

A  guy whose job it is to jump and stretch and hit the ground repeatedly during matches having a back injury playing as many games as he did? You struggle to walk with most back injuries ffs.

Filing that under social media bullshit.

Love him but crazy to extend a year given his inability to be mobile and clearly no strategy on this end of last season, hence the now farcical 1 minute appearance during final.

Even if he is a number 2, would question the merit of having one of the clubs greatest goalkeepers looming over the new one in the dressing room etc. 

Starting to worry we have no proper plan to evolve this team, which is ludicrous.

12 hours ago, Unionblue said:

think that's a bit harsh, he's one of us, not his fault the board are  fucking idiots with no clue, I wish the guy all the best in the year ahead.

The decision has nothing to do with the board, it will be Gio's call

If Gio decides that having Greegs (I'd be certain on reduced wages) as his back up keeper is his best choice given his ability and what he brings to the club then fine

McCrorie is an interesting one for me. Logic would dictate that he should be given the gloves from the start of the season (like Greegs was at his age) based on the fact that he is the only one with future value. Clearly though the coaches who work with him daily don't see him as the best of the three, possibly not even the second best. If he was rated at the same/similar level to McLaughlin and McGregor he would be in imo.

If we go into next season with McLaughlin, McGregor and McCrorie as our keepers I'm comfortable with that although less so if McGregor is first choice

11 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

If we dont trust McCrorie to be at least number 2 by now you have to question why he is still here

I’d agree to an extent although it is different with keepers as they only have on spot available 

the parallels with McGregor are uncanny, he was 24, had a couple of decent loan spells and was back as number 2 and only got his chance because Letizi got injured- the rest is history but like McRorie now he wasn’t considered ready to be no1 at 24

If Letizi hadn’t got injured, mcgregor would probably have moved on at the end of that season 

On 23/06/2022 at 00:12, Unionblue said:

think that's a bit harsh, he's one of us, not his fault the board are  fucking idiots with no clue, I wish the guy all the best in the year ahead.

Takes two to tango, I just can't forgive the mistakes he made last season amateur stuff the board had fuck all to do with that.

45 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Takes two to tango, I just can't forgive the mistakes he made last season amateur stuff the board had fuck all to do with that.

wishing a  fellow bear to fuck off is just not  a sentiment i can agree with, we stick together.