Lee Wallace

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No ones selfless. It suited him as much as it suited us. 

Im not going to go into debate as this is a positive post.

Lee could have made twice the money in the English Championship and progressed his International career tenfold.

I cringe when I hear comments like yours mate.

Just be greatful we had someone with ability willing to pull us through the divisions.

Especially one who was brought up a jambo, when others around him jumped ship and were born and bred bluenoses.

Blumhoilann likes this

24 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Lee could have made twice the money in the English Championship and progressed his International career tenfold.

Just be greatful we had someone with ability willing to pull us through the divisions.

Especially one who was brought up a jambo, when others around him jumped ship and were born and bred bluenoses.

He could possibly have made more money, but staying in Scotland was what he needed for his family situation at the time.

I like Wallace as a player, and nothing against him personally, but he’s not a saint for seeing out a contract that suited him.

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He could possibly have made more money, but staying in Scotland was what he needed for his family situation at the time.

I like Wallace as a player, and nothing against him personally, but he’s not a saint for seeing out a contract that suited him.

Guy’s an absolute legend. 

Marky. and falkirkNS like this

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nobody mentioned his ability or how well he played

What is it that he’s done that gives him legend status then? It’s not his 4 lower league titles, and guys like McCulloch and Little also stayed.

Well respected explayer, that’s all for me. 

docspiderman likes this

Little and McCulloch stayed and got their deserved respect and plaudits too. Played their part in some of the most grim, but they were both released when their contract ended.

Wallace went up from the bottom, stayed the whole way, spoke well, commanded himself differently, and did his bit to ensure the standards, as bad as they slipped, were still being lived through him.

He led by example and to be fair would have been the exact character for Tav to have learned from.

22 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nobody mentioned his ability or how well he played

So how is he a legend? I am sure he was delighted to move to us and get a fantastic increase in pay. I am sure that he wanted to live where he was and staying with us gave him everything he wanted and more.

graeme_4 likes this

25 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

Love the guy and has always had my respect. Risked his own career for Rangers, and that board treated him like shit at the end. Disgrace. 

Hardly risked his career. He was very well paid and turning up for work everyday at one of the best training facilities in the uk.

wully likes this

30 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

Love the guy and has always had my respect. Risked his own career for Rangers, and that board treated him like shit at the end. Disgrace. 

Did we ever get the fully story around this, or just the Kenny Miller version? 

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

I get what your saying, but the wages he was in surely we could have moved him on and got a younger players on a fraction of the wages to perform against the part timers in the lower divisions. Saying that using youth is something we never really looked at