Back for pre-season

graeme_4

On 28/06/2022 at 12:13, Essandoh said:

If the likes of Middleton and Simpson are still at the club by the end of July then Wilson cannot avoid serious scrutiny any longer

I know the Patterson deal must be considered a massive success but it seems like such an impossible task every time getting rid of deadwood players

Simpson would struggle to have started ahead of Kiernan and Wilson. He’s awful and has no place in that squad.

What if nobody wants them?

I'm fed up seeing us pay players off to leave.....Simpson for one could fall into that category....no takers for him in January and already it's quiet round about him again 

Training camp starting soon, decent tests against West Ham and Spurs not far away and we are no stronger than the end of last season. Seems to be a lot of ongoing talk about Colak and nothing else. 
Get him in and it’s an upgrade on Itten and that’s it for now.
If there’s no money we struggle on. If there is money then the club are not getting things done quickly enough and  we are handing the early initiative straight to celtic who have their business done with probably more to come.

Wouldnt be surprised if we start the season weaker than we ended the last 

8 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

The taigs have added two players to their squad from last season, that’s 1 more than us.

a back up goalie and a left back, I don’t honestly know why people keep going on about how the taigs transfer window has gone when it’s not really any different from ours 

They still haven't signed Jota, even though they agreed a fee a year ago. 

If we're still in the same position come the start of the season, fair enough, but pre season only started this week.

41 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Training camp starting soon, decent tests against West Ham and Spurs not far away and we are no stronger than the end of last season. Seems to be a lot of ongoing talk about Colak and nothing else. 
Get him in and it’s an upgrade on Itten and that’s it for now.
If there’s no money we struggle on. If there is money then the club are not getting things done quickly enough and  we are handing the early initiative straight to celtic who have their business done with probably more to come.

Wouldnt be surprised if we start the season weaker than we ended the last 

Colak/Souttar for Balogun/Itten makes us stronger.

59 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

The taigs have added two players to their squad from last season, that’s 1 more than us.

a back up goalie and a left back, I don’t honestly know why people keep going on about how the taigs transfer window has gone when it’s not really any different from ours 

And have lost Rogic and Bitton…

21 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why is it always the same.  Gerrard always did his business early. 

not even July 

It’s July tomorrow the same month the season starts it would be good to start getting in a few faces so we’re up and running.

Our slow start cost us last year the tarriers should’ve been out of site given how hopeless they were.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

It’s July tomorrow the same month the season starts it would be good to start getting in a few faces so we’re up and running.

Our slow start cost us last year the tarriers should’ve been out of site given how hopeless they were.

We didn't make a slow start last year?

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You want to remind me of our result from our first away game?

Also we dropped points in 2 out of our first 5 games at Ibrox

Our first 8 games we won 6 drew 1 and lost 1. Not what I would call a slow start personally.

7 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

I'd say Rogic and Bitton were two of their best players.  

Don’t know about best but they provided squad depth and would do a job against the rest of the league.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

No chance for that fee. Would be half given his contract status. 

Not a chance we sell for anything less than £10m. I know the scum are better sellers than us, but on no planet is Ajer going for £14m with 10 months left and Kent goes for £7.5m with 12 months left.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Not a chance we sell for anything less than £10m. I know the scum are better sellers than us, but on no planet is Ajer going for £14m with 10 months left and Kent goes for £7.5m with 12 months left.

We will see but we are in no position to turn down that money if he can sign for nothing in 6 months.

Would be a financial disaster if guys like Kent and Aribo stick out their deals.