Recruitment

I for one, who never really panics on, is shitting myself with lack of 1st team ins and outs.

FFS get the finger out Rangers, in my Opinion we finished Season better than the unwashed, but need to keep the momentum going over Fatso and his War Criminals.

AGC123 likes this

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Easy to have a go, but clearly most are concerned.

We blew the league last year. Haven’t strengthened, and handed extensions to guys who’s best days are behind him. 

We’re back in preseason and don’t have a single new recruit there to take part.

It is a worry, even if it’s the cool thing to tell everyone not to worry. It’s an exact repeat so far of us making a cunt of the CL qualifiers last season. 

Agree with what you're saying, but we have signed Souttar. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Easy to have a go, but clearly most are concerned.

We blew the league last year. Haven’t strengthened, and handed extensions to guys who’s best days are behind him. 

We’re back in preseason and don’t have a single new recruit there to take part.

It is a worry, even if it’s the cool thing to tell everyone not to worry. It’s an exact repeat so far of us making a cunt of the CL qualifiers last season. 

Can it no just be in the fucking rumour thread rather than the board being spammed with Facebook like threads

graeme_4 and OhW like this

46 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Agree with what you're saying, but we have signed Souttar. 

It’s a stretch to saying signing Souttar offsets the loss of Diallo, Ramsay, Itten and Balogun - and the fact that we’ve an older squad who some of have their first foot in retirement. 

King Jela likes this

10 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Diallo Ramsey and Itten contributed nothing lets be honest. Might be lighter on bodies(not a bad thing) but none of them made any sort of contribution.

They didn’t contribute much, but Ramsey started an OF win and European ties, also scored an OF goal and Diallo started a cup final.

Its fine being lighter on bodies, but the guys that couldn’t get a game ahead of them will now be required to get more minutes.

GlasgowRangersFC likes this

Just now, graeme_4 said:

They didn’t contribute much, but Ramsey started an OF win and European ties, also scored an OF goal and Diallo started a cup final.

Its fine being lighter on bodies, but the guys that couldn’t get a game ahead of them will now be required to get more minutes.

Diallo played 1 meaningful game from February onwards and Lowry getting more minutes is a good thing.

falkirkNS, Bears and Bourne2Win like this

10 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Diallo played 1 meaningful game from February onwards and Lowry getting more minutes is a good thing.

Our manager thought he should start our second biggest game of the season. 

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

He contributed nothing in his time here and him leaving doesn't impact us in the slightest no matter how you want to spin it.

See each time you don’t like the answer, you just shift the goalposts. Very tiresome.

King Jela likes this

33 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Diallo Ramsey and Itten contributed nothing lets be honest. Might be lighter on bodies(not a bad thing) but none of them made any sort of contribution.

20 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He contributed nothing in his time here and him leaving doesn't impact us in the slightest no matter how you want to spin it.

Tell me where I'm shifting the goalposts? @graeme_4

33 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Tell me where I'm shifting the goalposts? @graeme_4

I started by saying signing Souttar doesn’t offset losing Balogun, Itten, Ramsey and Diallo. That’s my point. 

In your first response, you conveniently left off Balogun as clearly he did contribute.

Then Ramsey was dingied in the next post, again as he clearly contributed.

And now you’ve got yourself down to only Diallo who’s not contributed (who the manager just started in a cup final, and has more league goals than Kent), which is not what my original point was anyway.

I’m not saying the all gave us 60 games a season, but they all need their (even small) contributions replaced - which isn’t happening with an injury prone CB on a free. 

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I started by saying signing Souttar doesn’t offset losing Balogun, Itten, Ramsey and Diallo. That’s my point. 

In your first response, you conveniently left off Balogun as clearly he did contribute.

Then Ramsey was dingied in the next post, again as he clearly contributed.

And now you’ve got yourself down to only Diallo who’s not contributed (who the manager just started in a cup final, and has more league goals than Kent), which is not what my original point was anyway.

I’m not saying the all gave us 60 games a season, but they all need their (even small) contributions replaced - which isn’t happening with an injury prone CB on a free. 

I left off Balogun because he has been replaced and I didn't dingy Ramsey I mentioned Lowry stepping up and getting more minutes when you said he would need replaced. 

1 hour ago, bigblueyonder said:

Isn't tomorrow the first date you can actually complete a transfer? 

Not sure if this is correct but I think it probably is. Have the tarriers and other Scottish teams not already signing players?

When does the transfer window open in Scotland?

The summer transfer window officialy opens on Friday, June 10. Deals can be agreed before then, but a player’s registration can only be lodged with the Scottish FA on or after that date.

bigblueyonder likes this

I don't think we need to panic just yet about no signings for the first team apart from Souter, but the post from @STEPPS BOYabout the Club putting out info via people they use to tell us things we probably don't want to hear, the financial situation is certainly concerning after getting to the EUROPA final and winning the Scottish Cup.