Recruitment

It doesn't worry me at the moment, too early in the window. Teams have been offloading dross, which we don't want. Who knows, we may be selling or hoping to sell some player(s), in which case, depending on that money, we could sign a better class of player(s). 

Don't panic, stay calm.        For now. 

One thing i’m holding onto is that i went into the 55 season with zero optimism.

We’ll probably still move a couple on i think which hopefully frees up what we need to freshen up. Dont think we should be fearing anyone in the qualifiers either, hit the levels we found last season in Europe and we’ll make the Champions League imo which is massive.

Its the quality of our scouting set up that i worry more about tbh.

Atm, the team is pretty solid. We don't need to recruit anyone at the back. With Helander in full training today, it feels like a new signing.

With the emergence of Lowry and McCann, the midfield is strong but we could still use one more.

Right wing is still the problem although Gio seems keen on Wright. I can't remember the last RW we had who was good. It wasn't Candaeis. He was average.

If we lose one of the big players (Aribo, Kamara, Kent or Morelos) then we need immediate replacements - like for like. I think that is what is delaying things right now.

2 hours ago, d_nic83 said:

If we can get the Colak deal done and get a right sided attacker/winger before the CL qualifiers. Without losing anyone from the squad a think we would have fuck all to worry about barring any injuries. 

I’m sure there’s a few that we could lose. Free up some funds and space for others 

there’s far too many hangers on

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Not sure if this is correct but I think it probably is. Have the tarriers and other Scottish teams not already signing players?

When does the transfer window open in Scotland?

The summer transfer window officialy opens on Friday, June 10. Deals can be agreed before then, but a player’s registration can only be lodged with the Scottish FA on or after that date.

International deals cannot be registered ubtil 1st July. 

42 minutes ago, Brubear said:

International deals cannot be registered ubtil 1st July. 

If you have the deal/s ready then registration from tomorrow should not have been a problem, I am sure I read the tarriers have just agreed a deal for the Argentinian guy and it was announced today.

Anyway I am still hopeful we can get the players we need in and out in the next few weeks. 

5 hours ago, d_nic83 said:

If we can get the Colak deal done and get a right sided attacker/winger before the CL qualifiers. Without losing anyone from the squad a think we would have fuck all to worry about barring any injuries. 

the contract situation of the trio needs addressed though, we cant allow anyone to leave for nothing

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Easy to have a go, but clearly most are concerned.

We blew the league last year. Haven’t strengthened, and handed extensions to guys who’s best days are behind him. 

We’re back in preseason and don’t have a single new recruit there to take part.

It is a worry, even if it’s the cool thing to tell everyone not to worry. It’s an exact repeat so far of us making a cunt of the CL qualifiers last season. 

This. 

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m sure there’s a few that we could lose. Free up some funds and space for others 

there’s far too many hangers on

Would ideally like us to sell the following Simpson, Kelly, Middleton, Ofoborh(lads been unlucky but don't think he will ever play for us) and Katic.

But known us we will likely only manage to sell 1 maybe 2 for a pittance and release the rest.

15 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

15 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We should have an official flapper thread. Somewhere the panic merchants with no patience can meet and flap away like an echelon of geese. People who think that we aren't trying to extend the contracts of key players and looking to buy and sell/behind the scenes.

Would also be a place where fellow flappers who go into match threads and implode when we lose the first goal/don't score within 15 minutes could meet. 

A place where a player can be wrote off 30 minutes into his Rangers career, a place where a game is lost before we kick a ball. A place everyone is happy to be proven wrong, where booing players is encouraged, where youngsters aren't given time to develop, where negative stats are repeated to death and positive ones 

We should have an official deluded thread. Somewhere the delusional who fail to ever accept reality can meet and Bury their heads in the sand. People who proclaim us world beaters when we win friendly matches.

Would also be a place where the delusional can go into match threads and reassure each other that everything will be OK when we get dumped out champions league qualifiers, capitulate in semi finals and scrape draws at home to shite like Aberdeen or Motherwell. Where they can still claim we will win the league when we are 6 points behind... where we can fail to learn from historical lessons and allow the same mistakes to be repeated.

A place where they can convince themselves that any Scot who has graduated from the youth system has played amazing in any game they manage to get a few minutes on the pitch. They can shout about how they're destined for greatness.

Where anyone who questions anything at the club is immediately labelled an undercover Celtic fan. And nobody acknowledges the fact that those same people pointed out the obvious all season, or acknowledges they were wrong.

Utopia!

51 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

We should have an official deluded thread. Somewhere the delusional who fail to ever accept reality can meet and Bury their heads in the sand. People who proclaim us world beaters when we win friendly matches.

Would also be a place where the delusional can go into match threads and reassure each other that everything will be OK when we get dumped out champions league qualifiers, capitulate in semi finals and scrape draws at home to shite like Aberdeen or Motherwell. Where they can still claim we will win the league when we are 6 points behind... where we can fail to learn from historical lessons and allow the same mistakes to be repeated.

A place where they can convince themselves that any Scot who has graduated from the youth system has played amazing in any game they manage to get a few minutes on the pitch. They can shout about how they're destined for greatness.

Where anyone who questions anything at the club is immediately labelled an undercover celtic fan. And nobody acknowledges the fact that those same people pointed out the obvious all season, or acknowledges they were wrong.

Utopia!

Think u took that one too far imho

5 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Where anyone who questions anything at the club is immediately labelled an undercover celtic fan. And nobody acknowledges the fact that those same people pointed out the obvious all season, or acknowledges they were wrong.

Utopia!

Calling them by their name.:britney:

Did you want Gio sacked a few months ago by any chance?

:lol:

We have a bloated squad. Count the numbers. We extended contracts of players who should never have been extended. Said it a month ago, there won’t be too much business in or out. Positive is that I think we will keep Morelos and Kent who will see their contracts out. 

8 minutes ago, leam_baw said:

We have a bloated squad. Count the numbers. We extended contracts of players who should never have been extended. Said it a month ago, there won’t be too much business in or out. Positive is that I think we will keep Morelos and Kent who will see their contracts out

Not a positive for me, the realistic money we take in could see us strengthen those 2 positions plus another 2 for very little outlay. If they don't want to sign a new deal we must simply move them in this summer 

27 minutes ago, leam_baw said:

We have a bloated squad. Count the numbers. We extended contracts of players who should never have been extended. Said it a month ago, there won’t be too much business in or out. Positive is that I think we will keep Morelos and Kent who will see their contracts out. 

How is that in any way a positive?

1 hour ago, leam_baw said:

Eternal optimist seeing any good in that scenario. Wee bit like saying, "it's shite being invaded by Russia, but positive is I think we win the Eurovision song contest".

1 hour ago, leam_baw said:

Champions league qualification. I think we will get there keeping together current squad, but I think they’ll win the league 

Flip things around the idiots at my work are creaming themselves with their transfers so far claiming it's looking like being their best transfer window for as long as they can remember. I don't know the names but apparently they have a defensive midfielder coming in and will spend almost all their CL cash to ensure the title. On too of that they are moaning like fuck that the season starts in 4 weeks and they are slow getting players in. Make of that what u like but personally I'm a little bit concerned that we will line up with the same team as last season, lose valuable assets for free and the players we bring in will be nothing more than squad fillers