Recruitment

I'm happy with recruitment so far, think Souttar is a class act. We needed more goals so hopefully Colak, Lawrence and Matondo help in that department. I'd like a proper defensive midfielder someone in the mould of Fabinho from Liverpool or Rodri from Man City, obviously we're never getting a player of that quality but someone with the same playing style. If I was being very picky i'd like another central midfielder as well happy with Lundstram and Kamara but don't feel we could rely on Davis, Arfield and Jack for a full season.

After the slow start to our transfer activity, I'm happy with who we've signed in the last couple of weeks - Colak, Matondo and Lawrence all seem good signings. I think Lawrence esp could be a great player for us and add something different in forward areas. I think we are still lacking quality and depth in midfield, it was the right time for Aribo to move on but would be good to add 2 more midfielders. Lundstrum is probably our only certain midfield starter, and Jack (when fit), would be good to add at least one more who could slot straight into the starting 11. 

Squad needed refreshed and we have done so but you never know how these things will work out. Big ask for all the new signings to hit the deck running.

Start of a new season is always full of questions but another league title and a run to the CL final will do for me.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Squad needed refreshed and we have done so but you never know how these things will work out. Big ask for all the new signings to hit the deck running.

Start of a new season is always full of questions but another league title and a run to the CL final will do for me.

Not asking for much then.

22 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

If they signed new deals it would an exceptional window, and keep Bassey

Nah it’s a disaster if we still have Bassey at the end of the window. £25m thereabout has to be taken, will half his value if we go to sell him next season. 

Happy with our business so far, but would like to see us execute on a Fulgini level target if we sell Bassey for over 20m. Think we’ve got a lot riding on Matondo hitting the ground running. 

Barisic can’t be first choice lb for me either. His annual crisis of confidence and going with McGregor for another year will be enough to cost us the league again.

Really excited for the season ahead now with the new additions.

Like any transfers you never know how good they’ll be but the freshness in playing squad is definitely needed.

It seems like an end to an era of the Gerrard squad that was basically the same for 3/4 years.

Yes there are still plenty of the same players there but our starting XI will have a real different feel to it.

Gio came in at a difficult time during the season but given time you saw his ideas coming across. 

Im confident for the season ahead with the current group of players and would only expect a replacement for Bassey now.

15 hours ago, Juniorsparkie said:

What if he gets even better ?

There is a limit on how much anyone playing in Scotland will reach in terms of value. There wil always remain the unknown "can he do it every week against top opposition" which can never be answered whilst he plays here.

Nobody is paying more than 25m for anyone from here. Nobody in Scotland is in a position to refuse and risk losing out on a bid of 25m either, even if they'd the next Maradona on their hands.