Ridvan Yilmaz signs for Rangers

Broxi

13 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Heart and Hand hyping the boy up the high heaven on today's daily update. I wish folk would just shut the f*ck up and let us judge them on their performances instead of proclaiming them the next incarnation of Maldini, never ever seem to learn from psst mistakes.

Yea, fuck all that getting excited shit. We should stick to “everyone is shite” until they prove us wrong. 

arms folded, stern face, sucking yir teeth 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yea, fuck all that getting excited shit. We should stick to “everyone is shite” until they prove us wrong. 

Well said mate. Give them 2 games then decide if they’re shite or not

On 06/08/2022 at 08:34, KeyserSoze said:

Probably more an issue with the ludicrous lack of objectivity in fan media.

When Rangers are interested in a player abroad it's always "multiple reports from withing French media etc" whereas if anyone is interested in our players they're falling over themselves to dismiss it and Bury their heads in the sand.

Same utter desperation to hype up every one who ever signs for us, bumming and blowing about who they knocked back to sign for Rangers. Yet how many signings ever make a lasting impression?

Nothing wrong with optimism if there a justified basis for it and substantial evidence to supprt it, but none of these players have a proven track record or are known about in depth.

I want to hear the truth, no club propaganda.

Usual disclaimer of it only being his first game and that you can’t draw any firm conclusions. 

That said, I thought he was really poor today. Physically he looks tiny, so I’m concerned that he might be outmuscled. I also didn’t see him really try and take on the opposing fullback on many occasions. He was also hesitant in the tackle and gave the ball away easily on a number of occasions. 

Plenty of time to get up to speed with his teammates and get acclimatised to the league, but he’ll need to improve significantly on today.