Sportscene

Vision

23 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

In all honesty I don’t get why Sportscene and MOTD is still a thing.

You can get highlights instantly on YouTube.

Can't understand why live tv is still a thing outside of sporting events, who wants to be told when to watch something when you can view it anytime at your leisure.

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Not officially, you can’t. Unless it’s on TV, highlights can’t go online until midnight for SPFL clubs. In England, don’t think there are any highlights for non TV games until 10pm

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

Not officially, you can’t. Unless it’s on TV, highlights can’t go online until midnight for SPFL clubs. In England, don’t think there are any highlights for non TV games until 10pm

I think most of the EPL games are on sky YouTube shortly after full time.

20 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

That’s it exactly. Aside from the fact they hate our club the coverage and pundits are shite. 
There are a million ways to view our games or goals - sportscene shouldn’t be one of them. 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Vision said:

Good analysis of all four goals, good words about Tillman on his movement and goal. 

Surprise surprise Colak was offside :mutley: but they didn't dwell on it.

Been watching football for over 50 yrs and just found out today you can be offside from a backwards pass.

23 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Been watching football for over 50 yrs and just found out today you can be offside from a backwards pass.

Is that right?  Never thought you could be offside from a backwards pass, as the rule is you have to be closer to an opponent’s goal line than both the ball and the second last player (or wording like that).  So if the ball comes back the way, you physically couldn’t be closer to their goal line and therefore not offside.  Or has something changed?

11 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Is that right?  Never thought you could be offside from a backwards pass, as the rule is you have to be closer to an opponent’s goal line than both the ball and the second last player (or wording like that).  So if the ball comes back the way, you physically couldn’t be closer to their goal line and therefore not offside.  Or has something changed?

Wasn't a backwards pass though?

17 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Why can't you be closer to the goal line than the player playing the ball?

47 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Why can't you be closer to the goal line than the player playing the ball?

Thought it was always that there needs to be 2 opposition players between the ball receiver and the goal unless the passing player was also beyond those oppo players. 

Cunts keep changing it though so I'm probably wrong. 

1 hour ago, DMax399 said:

I think if you are behind the ball when it is played back and by inference behind the player playing thd ball you are OK but if you are ahead of the ball and come back to get it then you ard offside even if ball went backwards. 

rules that I found on tinternet. best I could do.

A simple interpretation of it is that to remain onside an attacking player must:

1. Be in their own half of the field; or if they’re not

2. Have the ball played to them while they are level with the second-last defender(forward pass); or

3. While there are at least two opposition defending players between them and the goal(forward pass).

An attacking player does not commit an offence when they receive the ball directly from:

1. Goal kicks

2. Corner kicks

3. Throw-ins

4. Dropped balls

Also, it’s not an offside offence if the attacking player plays a ball that was last deliberately played by an opponent.

What this means is an offside player doesn’t commit an offence in situations like:

• Latching onto the ball after a deliberate tackle by an opponent

• Latching onto a misplaced pass from an opponent

an attacking player isn’t offside if:

• They are involved with or influence play in any way from their own half

• They receive a backwards pass. For example, from a teammate closer to the opposition goal line than them.

16 minutes ago, ZZed said:

rules that I found on tinternet. best I could do.

A simple interpretation of it is that to remain onside an attacking player must:

1. Be in their own half of the field; or if they’re not

2. Have the ball played to them while they are level with the second-last defender(forward pass); or

3. While there are at least two opposition defending players between them and the goal(forward pass).

An attacking player does not commit an offence when they receive the ball directly from:

1. Goal kicks

2. Corner kicks

3. Throw-ins

4. Dropped balls

Also, it’s not an offside offence if the attacking player plays a ball that was last deliberately played by an opponent.

What this means is an offside player doesn’t commit an offence in situations like:

• Latching onto the ball after a deliberate tackle by an opponent

• Latching onto a misplaced pass from an opponent

an attacking player isn’t offside if:

• They are involved with or influence play in any way from their own half

• They receive a backwards pass. For example, from a teammate closer to the opposition goal line than them.

Reading this is worse than watching sportscene.

3 hours ago, DMax399 said:

It's a difficult one, Colak came back from an offside position when the ball was played, which usually means offside.

Maybe there is a rule change I'm missing, but like I said before, I think Colak had a perfectly "online" header disallowed in a previous game, so it evens itself out. 

Edit: when Matondo slid in the ball went straight across or "slightly" back so that could maybe be a factor why he wasn't off, as it wasn't a forward pass.