Gio to blame

RangersMedia

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

They are all his players. He gave new contracts to a number of them and didn't sign replacements for other thus he deems them part of his plans. On the flip side look at how he has treated Katic for further evidence of this. 

I am willing to give him a bit of time to sort it out but his own unwillingness to take responsibility for that showing last night leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ultimately I don't know what he is trying to achieve and our performances and style of play is extremely erratic. 

Gerrard didn't fancy Katic and neither does Gio, I don't see why they would cut their nose off to spite their face, there's clearly an issue with him whether it's ability, fitness or attitude but he's not someone that two brilliant football men just didn't want to give an opportunity to.

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

They are all his players. He gave new contracts to a number of them and didn't sign replacements for other thus he deems them part of his plans. On the flip side look at how he has treated Katic for further evidence of this. 

I am willing to give him a bit of time to sort it out but his own unwillingness to take responsibility for that showing last night leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ultimately I don't know what he is trying to achieve and our performances and style of play is extremely erratic. 

He gave him some pre-season minutes and he was murder. What more can you do? 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

im not criticising him for not looking to keep Katic Im saying that he must be happy with the rest and consider them 'his players' as they havent received the same treatment as Katic

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Definitely top 10 in most overused football cliches.

Can’t say we didn’t, we’re a much better team than what we set up last night. 

We set up to contain rather than just go we’ll play our way and see how USG deal with it

From EL finalists brushing aside some top clubs to that last night is crazy considering what worked for us in the EL run 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Can’t say we didn’t, we’re a much better team than what we set up last night. 

We set up to contain rather than just go we’ll play our way and see how USG deal with it

From EL finalists brushing aside some top clubs to that last night is crazy considering what worked for us in the EL run 

We started very well and looked in complete control, they then worked us out and played better.

I don't think it was due to showing too much respect.

21 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Even those of us who actually like Katic despite his very limited ability could see that the guy is completely done. 

His injury has made him even slower than he was previously. No slight to the lad, he can easily go back to Croatia and carve out a decent career for himself 

19 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We started very well and looked in complete control, they then worked us out and played better.

Worked us out within 10 minutes? No we sat back and invited pressure onto us which gave them a lift as everytime they got within 30 yards of our goal we looked lost. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Worked us out within 10 minutes? No we sat back and invited pressure onto us which gave them a lift as everytime they got within 30 yards of our goal we looked lost. 

like most teams in scotland. they didn't work us out, were just very easy to defend against. it should be 1 Dm and 2 AM 

26 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If anything they showed us too much respect early on 

1 thing I'll agree with Gio on, they looked scared the first 10-15 minutes, the believed we would come and batter them. Once they got over that hurdle they controlled the rest of the game

They'll be disappointed only to be 2 goals up in the tie

28 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Probably the worst Gio has got it since parkhead. Typically though he's excellent at changing it, especially shape, and it just never came.

Maybe he recognised they were all off their game and changing it might have resulted in a real doing.

He certainly seemed fucked off in the dug out from very early on.

A change of formation ain’t going to suddenly mean Kamara speeds up or retains the ball more effectively.

Nor does it mean Barisic can suddenly start defending properly. Of course, he could have made substitutions earlier and hooked both mentioned above. But that’s not without risk.

At the end of the day we conceded one goal in open play and were, yet again, on the rough end of a poor VAR decision, and that was us playing the worst we have in Europe since Progres.

An early goal, and on form we can win this tie. They just need to turn in an a good performance on Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Evidenced by the fact we were EL finalists 11 weeks ago and USG hadn’t scored a goal in Europe in 58 years until last night lol

What happened 11 weeks ago means nothing now, 

If we played dortmund at the weekend would you be saying we are a better team than them? 

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Maybe he recognised they were all off their game and changing it might have resulted in a real doing.

He certainly seemed fucked off in the dug out from very early on.

A change of formation ain’t going to suddenly mean Kamara speeds up or retains the ball more effectively.

Nor does it mean Barisic can suddenly start defending properly. Of course, he could have made substitutions earlier and hooked both mentioned above. But that’s not without risk.

At the end of the day we conceded one goal in open play and were, yet again, on the rough end of a poor VAR decision, and that was us playing the worst we have in Europe since Progres.

An early goal, and on form we can win this tie. They just need to turn in an a good performance on Tuesday.

Change of shape would definetely have helped us going forward. If we had that same 11 with Lundstram in midfield, Kamara just ahead of the latter and Jack along with Tilman starting off the right and moving centrally and Matondo out left with Barisic rather than Tav we would have had overloads centrally and on the left, leaving Tav 1v1 with their wing-back.

I can't disagree with you on the individuals though. Kamara and Sands both ball watching for the first and Borna just way to weak. No shape can fix that rubbish.

That's true in regards to the goals and that decision was very harsh, at the same time McLaughlin kept us in it. 

We've seen before what we can do at Ibrox in Europe so nothing is lost!

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What happened 11 weeks ago means nothing now, 

If we played dortmund at the weekend would you be saying we are a better team than them? 

How many of their players would get in our team ?, think that was the point. No doubt they were the better team last night but the return leg will be their test.

30 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

How many of their players would get in our team ?, think that was the point. No doubt they were the better team last night but the return leg will be their test.

How many of our players would have got in the dortmund or leipzig team when we humped them? 

7 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are we a better team? Evidence of that? 

We are a better team than USG, they just happened to get the better of us last night.

You get plenty of upsets in cup competitions, it doesn’t mean the team who causes the upset is actually a better side. That’s usually why it’s considered an upset to begin with. But you already know that.