McLaughlin

He's the sole reason we're still in this tie, I don't think people are down on him personally it's just that seeing him on the pitch is a huge reminder that they club haven't strengthened an area of the pitch that was badly needed.

Negativity breeds negativity.

We go through next week and his performance last night will be lauded for a while.

Didn't do himself favours at the Livi goal or the first yesterday. Those aside, played fine in both games. 

Still of the belief that he's a better option than McGregor, but he's not as good as shagger a few years ago or many of our previous keepers.

We've almost always had better keepers than them across the city. Now, I'm not sure we have. 

We've been spoiled by the keepers we've had over the past 30 years or so. 

Is McLaughlin as good as Goram, McGregor, Klos, Woods etc in their prime? No of course not but he's probably the best we have right now.

We should have went for Siegrist before he signed for the fenians imho. I did also notice that Austrian keeper is still a free agent. 

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Is McLaughlin as good as Goram, McGregor, Klos, Woods etc in their prime? No of course not but he's probably the best we have right now.

We should have went for Siegrist before he signed for the fenians imho. I did also notice that Austrian keeper is still a free agent. 

I'd rather McLaughlin than Siegrist. Another one who turns into Gigi Buffon up against us.

Mclaughlin should have done much better with the first goal it was straight at him the slight deflection didn't change the direction of the ball. He had a couple of good saves but his latest run in the team has shown he's probably best placed as a second keeper and we should have went after a new no 1 because Mcgregor isn't the answer. 

16 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Still no idea why McCrorie got binned after that old firm game 

Because he isn't as good as the other 2. He done well in both games, nothing outstanding that should have put him in contention to be the new number 1 though. 

The defence and goal keeper situation worried me before the start of the season and I'm still worried. Big Jon will be fine domestically but we need better. 

1 hour ago, GWR1979 said:

Mclaughlin should have done much better with the first goal it was straight at him the slight deflection didn't change the direction of the ball. He had a couple of good saves but his latest run in the team has shown he's probably best placed as a second keeper and we should have went after a new no 1 because Mcgregor isn't the answer. 

I think if McGregor had retired we would have.

We weren't going to add a new no 1 with both McGregor and McLaughlin still available. 

4 hours ago, The Beast said:

He's abysmal.