*****The Official Rangers v PSV Eindhoven Thread*****

G.E.C.

On 13/08/2022 at 23:37, The No.9 said:

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Davies Barasic

kamara Lundstram

Lawrence  Tillman   Kent

Colak 

This is the team I'd go with, Davie's brings more balance to the left hand side and gives more assurance to Barisic.

It's a toss up between Kamara and Jack both yet to hit form. Kamara in Europe edges it.

Alfie still a few weeks away Imo, if we get a goal or two we'll need to defend our lead to the last minute so we can't be carrying anyone.

12 minutes ago, Vision said:

This is the team I'd go with, Davie's brings more balance to the left hand side and gives more assurance to Barisic.

It's a toss up between Kamara and Jack both yet to hit form. Kamara in Europe edges it.

Alfie still a few weeks away Imo, if we get a goal or two we'll need to defend our lead to the last minute so we can't be carrying anyone.

Same. Think Gio will go for that too.

Need to be going into the away tie with a lead IMO. 

Going to be very interesting to see how Gio sets up for this one. He may be tempted towards a more cautious approach given that it is the first leg, 'keep the zero' with hopefully a goal to take over there. On the other hand he may accept that we have got to try and take advantage of the Ibrox factor regardless of it being the first leg, and play what has become our normal European game at home, high tempo and controlled aggression,  hopefully taking a couple of goals over there to give us a real chance of making it through.

Whatever, still 30+ hours before game time and my stomach is churning at prospect before us, God knows what state I am many others will be in come kick off.

Really tough tie, they will not be looking forward to playing us no matter what comes out of their media.

Don't expect too many if any changes to team.

Hopefully take a lead over there, but I feel game will still be in balance until next week. Will be right up there with achievements to get through, here is hoping🤞🤞

14 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

I think the team will be this but with Borna and Colak starting instead. 

I agree and the only maybe is Kamara for Jack and again it depends if Gio thinks Jack is up to speed for a game of this magnitude. A fully match fit Jack starts all day long and I think that’s why he got the full 90.

I'm bloody excited about this one. We can do it for sure.

Can definitely see some unbearable tension and high blood pressure along the way. Absolutely love anticipating these battles though.

I think there was some good clicking in the linkup play at the weekend, I know it's St Johnstone but still it bodes well to see that just before a game like this, particularly concerning new signings and players bedding in.

Nervous but excited for this.We need to be at our best or they’ll hurt us.

I suspect they’ll come to win the game by attacking us aggressively but this will leave gaps that our team is good enough to exploit.

It could be a special night or a heartbreaking one. A draw isn’t the end of the world but I think we have to take any sort of lead over there to get through.

No sure who's available but I think it will be this.

McGregor

Tav .  Goldson.    Davies.     Borna 

Lundstram.     Davis.  

Tillman.      Kamara.        Kent.  

Colak

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No sure who's available but I think it will be this.

McGregor

Tav .  Goldson.    Davies.     Borna 

Lundstram.     Davis.  

Tillman.      Kamara.        Kent.  

Colak

Lawrence in for Kamara. Offers much more going forward and showed against USG he isn’t afraid to track back and win the ball.
Let Davis play the traditional CDM roll, tell Lundstram that Veerman was chatting shit, and allow Tillman/Lawrence/Kent to run havoc up top 

2-1 the famous 

3 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Lawrence in for Kamara. Offers much more going forward and showed against USG he isn’t afraid to track back and win the ball.
Let Davis play the traditional CDM roll, tell Lundstram that Veerman was chatting shit, and allow Tillman/Lawrence/Kent to run havoc up top 

2-1 the famous 

I agree Lawrence over Kamara but I've a feeling hell want to bolster the midfield and keep possession and will prefer Kamara.