Scott Wright verdict?

AberfeldyBlue

1 minute ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

I have given this guy the benefit of the doubt, a lot,  but he does not look for the ball, flatters to deceive, moves inside and marked when Tav is running up the wing and frankly, is not good enough for this talented Rangers team. Id rather Fashion played today. He isnt nasty enough and we need winners. ?

Nonsense

3 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

I have given this guy the benefit of the doubt, a lot,  but he does not look for the ball, flatters to deceive, moves inside and marked when Tav is running up the wing and frankly, is not good enough for this talented Rangers team. Id rather Fashion played today. He isnt nasty enough and we need winners. ?

Here we fucking go. It was too good to be true. If you want to talk about him moving inside where’s your thread on Arfield exactly the same. That was the tactic. If you’ve got an issue with it, put the name Gio in your thread title.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Here we fucking go. It was too good to be true. If you want to talk about him moving inside where’s your thread on Arfield exactly the same. That was the tactic. If you’ve got an issue with it, put the name Gio in your thread title.

Arfield scores, in a 1/4 of the playing time

He didn't have a great game. Had two lovely runs, one where he skinned Considine and another where he skipped past 3 players, but there plenty of spells in the first half where his understanding with Tav was way off. 

I like him, a decent squad player, can't fault his effort and has moments of quality - but I do think that too often he lacks quality and his decision making lets him down. 

Just now, AberfeldyBlue said:

Arfield scores, in a 1/4 of the playing time

Which was great. But he played in the same position as Wright. That was the tactic from Gio. You do understand that, don’t you?

And if a sub comes on and scores right away it doesn’t mean the player he came on for was poor. You do understand that as well, don’t you?

Just now, left winger said:

Which was great. But he played in the same position as Wright. That was the tactic from Gio. You do understand that, don’t you?

And if a sub comes on and scores right away it doesn’t mean the player he came on for was poor. You do understand that as well, don’t you?

its a tactic and this you know how? I dont think Gio has ever said I will play wright as an ineffective winger who does not assist or score?

Just now, AberfeldyBlue said:

its a tactic and this you know how? I dont think Gio has ever said I will play wright as an ineffective winger who does not assist or score?

Because they both played the same way, today. It's not difficult.

It's the same as in Leipzig when he stopped pressing as soon as they had the ball in their defensive third and he got grief for it, but so did other players, who didn't get the grief.

Some folk just have a permanent downer on some of our players.

16 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

He didn't have a great game. Had two lovely runs, one where he skinned Considine and another where he skipped past 3 players, but there plenty of spells in the first half where his understanding with Tav was way off. 

I like him, a decent squad player, can't fault his effort and has moments of quality - but I do think that too often he lacks quality and his decision making lets him down. 

Ironically he'd have had much more success in the second half imho.

When we play these diddy teams that park the bus, when (if) we get to 2-0 then they come out a little bit more and they inevitably tire in the last quarter both things mean that there's more space for a player like Wright.

Wright's just the whipping boy for some of our support just now. He's just an average squad player who seems to get more grief than the other average squad players.

He's a useful player to have and has played well in bigger games and over the course of hopefully as long a season as last he will chip in with goals and assists 

I actually don't like him playing on the right I think it takes a little bit away from Tav's game. Same goes for Sakala when he plays out right.

I actually think for the relatively small wage and homegrown status he is fine and a good squad player.

He's more suited for bigger games for me where Tav isn't expected to bomb forward as much. Decent player to have when a game is stretched and there is space to play in, though does need to improve his final decisions. Has improved in tracking back though and staying focused.