*****The Offical Hibs v Rangers Match Thread*****

Hard one to take.  If we start with player performance, it was really poor tbh.  Yes we got ourselves 2-1 up but not showing of a team who have a Champions League qualifier next week.  I thought players were far too lazy today, from passing to losing the ball or just giving up on a loose ball that could actually be won.  And we need training on decision making - we shoot when we shouldn't and don't shoot when we should and this can also be said the same for passing.  There equaliser was one ball in behind, cross then goal.  Nice simple move.  

With regards to red cards, don't think they were red and should be over turned when appealed.  And this should ask serious questions about Collums ability to referee in the top flight.  But we also need to question the players, silly decisions ultimately cost.  Just don't give the referee and opportunity.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Excessive force or seriously endangering the opponent whilst lunging?

Exactly what is the difference with the almost identical one hivs didn't receive a red for?

Edit. Even their manager says the Lundstran one was a yellow for a technical foul ffs.

The difference is Gollum, and that should have been seared into the brains of our team ages ago. Doesn’t matter if it’s usually a yellow, as soon as it happened I knew Lundstrum would be off. As for Alfie… smh. If he hasn’t learned by now, he never fucking will.

Ref is an utter cunt but in all honesty we should be absolutely bossing games like this. Cheating prick Colums decisions aside, even in regular play our set pieces/passing/movent off the ball was shite.

The losses to the taigs last season were a fucker but really it was the daft dropped points against the league dross like this that cost us title last year. 

On 20/08/2022 at 14:41, tm91 said:

When have you ever seen someone given a direct red card for a professional foul? It was in the Hibs half for fuck sake, with two defenders covering. It wasn't a goalscoring opportunity, and it's madness to think it was violent conduct. It was a completely bizarre, ridiculous decision.

It should have been a yellow but I don’t think VAR would have overturned it. 

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I must be the only person on here who thins Kent played well, but made the wrong decisions. He wasn’t hiding in my eyes.

He was not the worst out there but he has to do better. Some people just have it in for him. Got so much hate for the Lundstram red and should have done much better but Lundstram still takes a horrible touch then let's the man get away from him.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

What do you actually think VAR would overturn that for? I agree its not a red but for VAR to get involved Collum has to have made a 'clear and obvious' mistake or totally missed something, neither of them are true in that case.

VAR would clearly see it was not violent, as the whole Sky panel said, they would then ask colum to have another look and he'd realise he'd made a cunt of it and dig himself out of a hole by saying he was on the wrong side of tackle, seen it done many times in the EPL.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Excessive force or seriously endangering the opponent whilst lunging?

Exactly what is the difference with the almost identical one hivs didn't receive a red for?

Edit. Even their manager says the Lundstran one was a yellow for a technical foul ffs.

If anything the one on Lundstram looked worse than the one he committed. 

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I must be the only person on here who thins Kent played well, but made the wrong decisions. He wasn’t hiding in my eyes.

He's been constantly poor all season, I actually forgot he was on in the second half till he put lundstrom in trouble and he got sent off.

4 minutes ago, Vision said:

Any pics?  seen the replay during the match and mentioned on the match thread it was close. Typical

I'm planning to watch game back later for my sins. There were quite a few offside decisions I thought wrong on one viewing.

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

For me that's my biggest worry, I think the team and Gio believe we are playing well and can't really understand the criticism so far.

When this happens it normally leads a getting a pumping then we self implode. Feels like it's brewing already.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

He was not the worst out there but he has to do better. Some people just have it in for him. Got so much hate for the Lundstram red and should have done much better but Lundstram still takes a horrible touch then let's the man get away from him.

Lundstram was absolutely brutal in the 2nd half after bossing the 1st, he came out with an unforgivable complacency in the 2nd. 

6 minutes ago, The Blues said:

If they had scored earlier we could have lost the game. The nine man tactics didn’t really work. Bringing on King was a mistake. Sakala should have been on and told to run himself into the ground up front.

If goldson doesn't turn his back we wouldn't even be talking about it.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Lundstram also got caught on the ball for the first goal. Matondo dogged it on defense on that goal as well.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

:lol: 

No one has it in for him. He’s just rubbish.