Lundstram red appealed

G.E.C.

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You’d be correct if that was the line from the usual suspects but literally everyone who has commented on it, including Andy Walker has said it was the wrong decision. 

I can’t see it being upheld 

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It wasn't excessive force though, so would be ludicrous to let it stand.

I would be astonished if its not downgraded to a yellow. 

I don't think it is a red card, or at least it shouldn't be one, and I hope it will be overturned but I'm not confident in it being overturned.

Hope I'm wrong but the lunge and the high foot worries me that they will use that as 'excessive force' in a reason to not overturn it.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Only the umpteenth time the club have done that against him in the past 5 years. Will be given another pat on the back by the SFA.

I get people are pissed off but what do they think calling out a referee publicly will actually achieve? 

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I get people are pissed off but what do they think calling out a referee publicly will actually achieve? 

To be brutally honest, it puts the fear of god into them for giving bad decisions against us, knowing that they will be scrutinised and put under a microscope for weeks.

It means we should get less bad decisions against us, and even probably benefit from getting away with shit that we deserve to be punished for. Completely unfair, but exactly what the other side have been doing for years to a clearly obvious benefit.

I would settle for things just being fair, but as long as we just bend over and take things without applying pressure, the less fear in the refs to continue giving decisions against us that we should get.

The options seem to be dont complain and get bad decisions against us or kick up hell and maybe get fair decisions against us and possibly some to our advantage that we dont deserve.

I would rather we did the second.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be brutally honest, it puts the fear of god into them for giving bad decisions against us, knowing that they will be scrutinised and put under a microscope for weeks.

It means we should get less bad decisions against us, and even probably benefit from getting away with shit that we deserve to be punished for. Completely unfair, but exactly what the other side have been doing for years to a clearly obvious benefit.

I would settle for things just being fair, but as long as we just bend over and take things without applying pressure, the less fear in the refs to continue giving decisions against us that we should get.

The options seem to be dont complain and get bad decisions against us or kick up hell and maybe get fair decisions against us and possibly some to our advantage that we dont deserve.

I would rather we did the second.

I don’t think it would make any difference at all. It would be a good GIRUY for the fans but all we would get would be a fine and things would carry on like normal.

41 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Not sure if we will be successful. 

Think he will be done by the attempt at excessive force clause of the rules because he isn't challenging for the ball.

Clipped his foot hardly excessive force. 

I think the ref lost the head btw let his emotions get the better of him and thought I'll show you. 

20 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t think it would make any difference at all. It would be a good GIRUY for the fans but all we would get would be a fine and things would carry on like normal.

I used to think the same, until that period where they put unreal pressure on the refs, and then started to get every fucking decision going.

Ever since they have hardly been shy about putting pressure on them, and think they get far more lenient treatment for it.

47 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Think he will be done by the attempt at excessive force clause of the rules because he isn't challenging for the ball.

42 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

Not too sure of the rules, but the fact that there didn't seem to be an atempt to play the ball could go against us

With the Doyle-Hayes(?) and the Trippier incidents at the weekend getting shown (both of which  were worse tackles), there's a clear groundswell of opinion that Collum fucked up.  Neither pf those two mentioned challenged for the ball. It's a yellow all day long even if he's not. This is the first time I can recall someone getting a red for that challenge in their own half. Even blatant fouls outside the attackers penalty box are seldom reds now. It's the most ridiculous decision he's made in months!

Also, the fact Porteous was in Collums face influenced his thinking. Basically, he shat it!

12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I used to think the same, until that period where they put unreal pressure on the refs, and then started to get every fucking decision going.

Ever since they have hardly been shy about putting pressure on them, and think they get far more lenient treatment for it.

celtic literally have plant pundits to do it every week. We have the guys that want to seem balanced. 

Puts pressure on them, and even if it’s marginal gains they are still benefiting. Refs are only human, and being under pressure from one side will have an impact. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're just lucky celtic don't have hivs in their next game.

Otherwise the SFA would upgrade Doyle Hayes one to a red with suspension, and justify keeping Lundstrams as a red.

🤣

Under the precedent set by Roofe v St Johnstone the SFA should absolutely be upgrading Callachan's tackle from Saturday to a straight red.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I don't think he shat anything.

He thrived on it, on both occasions he couldn't wait to brandish the red card. He loved it.

100%.

Then when Morelos came on you could see that gleam in his eye. Said as much in the match thread at the time. Going over to speak to Morelos when the ball was out for no reason.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It'll be overturned 100%. The evidence is overwhelmingly in Rangers favour. 

1.No injury to opponent. 

2. A worse tackle was made on Lundstram in the 1st half and resulted in a yellow.

3. Callachan  two hours later in Ross County game was a scissor tackle with far more speed, force and chance of injury to opponent,yellow.

4. The Tackle on De Broyne three hours later showed everyone in technicolour exactly how VAR would have put collum right.

5. Boyd, McFadden, McGeady, Walker, McNamara, Stewart,  Foster and Hibs manager all said clear yellow. Not one pundit or media outlet has said it's a red.

6. Dermott Gallagher and Stephen Warnock have just analysed it on Sky and you guessed it, yellow all day.

49 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It puts some public pressure on.

That lot have been doing it for years and they benefit from it.

We would all prefer fair and consistent decisions from officials.

But we aren't getting that. 2 similar challenges in our game this weekend and only ours was deemed a red card.

That happened against scum fc how quickly are they out publicly demanding explanations and official reviews. 

We need to fight fire with fire. 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Its right out the ork playbook for me. Its about the narrative. Publically pressurises the SFA plus it gets the fans off the club's back. I would also hope it's for the long game of getting professional accountable referees.

55 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

It'll be overturned 100%. The evidence is overwhelmingly in Rangers favour. 

1.No injury to opponent. 

2. A worse tackle was made on Lundstram in the 1st half and resulted in a yellow.

3. Callachan  two hours later in Ross County game was a scissor tackle with far more speed, force and chance of injury to opponent,yellow.

4. The Tackle on De Broyne three hours later showed everyone in technicolour exactly how VAR would have put collum right.

5. Boyd, McFadden, McGeady, Walker, McNamara, Stewart,  Foster and Hibs manager all said clear yellow. Not one pundit or media outlet has said it's a red.

6. Dermott Gallagher and Stephen Warnock have just analysed it on Sky and you guessed it, yellow all day.

That Callachan one was absolutely outrageous :lol: 

Fuck knows who the ref was, but how that was only a booking I’ll never know.