The other mob

MisterC

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Don’t understand this because most managers bring their own back room staff with them so Kennedy could well be surplus to requirements anyway 

Was that not part of the issue when they went for Howe. He wanted his own mngmt team in.

The names mentioned are more inspiring for us than them. Sure itll be a curveball appointment.

Anyone that thinks rodgers is coming back after the drama when he left is off their head.

Ultimately we need to be better regardless. Confident MB can bring 56 home.

No idea why some think it doesn’t matter who their manager is or what players they have etc having blind faith that we can win no matter what hasn’t exactly got us far it’s why we’re sitting with two trophies vs 5 fucking trebles and another double in the past 7 seasons.

I for one hope they get in someone they didn’t want originally and players want to leave and we have a blinder in the transfer window.

1 minute ago, The No.9 said:

No idea why some think it doesn’t matter who their manager is or what players they have etc having blind faith that we can win no matter what hasn’t exactly got us far it’s why we’re sitting with two trophies vs 5 fucking trebles and another double in the past 7 seasons.

I for one hope they get in someone they didn’t want originally and players want to leave and we have a blinder in the transfer window.

Stability broken and unsettled is what we want for them.  That’s why I hope it’s not Rodgers as i think he minimises that  

Agree with you though, while we accept it’s about us and we need to move forward (and will!) them coming back can only help. 

Just now, markem said:

Stability broken and unsettled is what we want for them.  That’s why I hope it’s not Rodgers as i think he minimises that  

Agree with you though, while we accept it’s about us and we need to move forward (and will!) them coming back can only help. 

Exactly same here at the end of the day the guys a solid coach and had reasonable terms in the top league on a few different teams plus his time at up here while against a shite Rangers they didn’t exactly shy away from it.

if the biggest positive we have of him is people saying his later treble was less impressive it’s not exactly confidence inspiring, plus their board likely continue to keep up the spending with someone like that.

Like you said we need them a bit on the rocks and for us to finally get a clean rebuild and a strong confident sqaud again.

10 hours ago, Stunels said:

Don't understand this attitude either - the only thing we should be hoping for is a strong Rangers next season

Makes no sense. We finished with a points total that would win the league most years last season yet were out of the title race by November.

2 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Makes no sense. We finished with a points total that would win the league most years last season yet were out of the title race by November.

Despite our high point tally I still see our failures last season as Rangers inadequacies.  A Rangers side with better recruitment and less mistakes wins the league after Beale took over.  So yeah, all I ever look for is a stronger Rangers and if celtic are worse thats a happy bonus.

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Paddy Power stopped taking bets on Maresca apparently. But that probably doesn’t prove anything as Sky Bet done similar yesterday with Rodgers.

Don’t know why folk get so fixated on the betting 

Record Sport broke the story that Manchester City assistant coach Enzo Maresca was a leading candidate Celtic wanted to talk to. An approach to speak to the Italian will be made after today’s Champions League final between City and Inter.

13 hours ago, Stunels said:

Despite our high point tally I still see our failures last season as Rangers inadequacies.  A Rangers side with better recruitment and less mistakes wins the league after Beale took over.  So yeah, all I ever look for is a stronger Rangers and if celtic are worse thats a happy bonus.

We were 9 points behind when Beale took over 

we didn’t lose a league game until we played them in April which would regularly be title winning form . The reason we never gained any ground on them was they matched our form at the time after an already strong start

Whoever takes the Celtic job fingers crossed they make a complete fuck up and piss off the current players and bring in absolute dross in long contracts :lol:

It's early days but with Gravy Veins doing the bunk I could see some of the Japanese players wanting to follow.

Cunts the lot of them can't wait to pump them next year to see the smug look on there faces drop into complete despair.

1 hour ago, BlueVanguard said:

Whoever takes the Celtic job fingers crossed they make a complete fuck up and piss off the current players and bring in absolute dross in long contracts :lol:

It's early days but with Gravy Veins doing the bunk I could see some of the Japanese players wanting to follow.

Cunts the lot of them can't wait to pump them next year to see the smug look on there faces drop into complete despair.

I've seen this viewpoint numerous times now on here but genuinely don't get it. The Japanese players signed for the club, not the manager. Flange may have managed in their league for a short period but this isn't the same as the likes of Jeremy Clement signing for us under the wing of PLG. Flange means nothing to them.

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I've seen this viewpoint numerous times now on here but genuinely don't get it. The Japanese players signed for the club, not the manager. Flange may have managed in their league for a short period but this isn't the same as the likes of Jeremy Clement signing for us under the wing of PLG. Flange means nothing to them.

I agree, managers come and go. Just because Ange has left I don't get why the Japanese players would want to go. Out of all his signings I'd imagine that it's the Japanese will continue to be loyal. 

7 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Don’t disagree, it’s guess work but in any industry people will choose to go and work with a manager 1st rather than the company/club etc. 

It’s totally fair to say there can be no assumption that particular group will go but there equally may be players whose loyalties were with the guy that signed them/worked for etc. 

I guess a possible example of that would be the likes of Defoe/Aribo coming to us when they did. Did they sign for SG or Rangers?  I know they literally signed for us but what was the motivation?

Fingers crossed anyway, the more that destabilises the bastards the better. 

2 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

I agree, managers come and go. Just because Ange has left I don't get why the Japanese players would want to go. Out of all his signings I'd imagine that it's the Japanese will continue to be loyal. 

Hatate is the only one who has the potential for them to get serious money for too I think. Furuhashi is too old for a big fee from Scotland and Maeda isn't worth it.

1 hour ago, scotty1976 said:

I’m seeing that they are trying to block Kennedy and Strachan going to Spurs with Flange.

That can only bode well - potentially going into next season with a new manager with 2 coaches forced on him but who don’t want to be there! 

If Spurs really wanted them, they'll go. Spurs could easily buy out their contracts.