Ben Davies

eskbankloyal

13 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

As I have posted already, are we to pay an employee for 4 years even though he cannot do his job even once in that 4 yr period?  Please read that bit again that we pay him for 4 years without him ever doing one day's work.   That is what you are proposing as acceptable.

This is a ridiculous post 🤣 Of course we are expected to pay him, or do you know absolutely nothing about football?

18 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

This is a ridiculous post 🤣 Of course we are expected to pay him, or do you know absolutely nothing about football?

How is it ridiculous?  The player is not fit to actually fulfil his contractual obligations.  Neither you nor I have sight of his contract but I will be surprised if there is not a release clause for such a circumstance.   He isn't injured, he is unfit to play.

8 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

How is it ridiculous?  The player is not fit to actually fulfil his contractual obligations.  Neither you nor I have sight of his contract but I will be surprised if there is not a release clause for such a circumstance.   He isn't injured, he is unfit to play.

There's no release clause because he's out long-term.

20 hours ago, WWTC said:

Are you suggesting we sack them because, after we took them on, they discovered they had a serious medical condition? 

What other employment would keep paying you to do nothing?  He clearly can't play football which is what we pay him to do.  We have been paying him for more than a year now.  He isn't injured, he's unfit to play.  I'm sympathetic to his situation but if he can't play football then he needs to leave.  Do you think it ok for us to pay him for 4 years to do nothing?

A positive start and hopefully any injuries are behind him especially now Goldson is out for a period.

Reads the game very well and is a calming influence, pretty much everything that Sands doesn’t offer unfortunately.

Looks a good signing in amongst all the poor ones we have made through the last 3-5years

Just now, The Dude said:

There's no release clause because he's out long-term.

I was talking about his being permanently unfit to play not just long-term.  We have had no clarity from Rangers but it is now looking like the boy simply won't be fit to play.   We are approaching a season and a half with no update on his situation.   Pretty sure if there had been any positive change we would have heard something.  

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I was talking about his being permanently unfit to play not just long-term.  We have had no clarity from Rangers but it is now looking like the boy simply won't be fit to play.   We are approaching a season and a half with no update on his situation.   Pretty sure if there had been any positive change we would have heard something.  

It’s not an injury but a medical condition so pretty unlikely to get any update regards that 

8 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Still no clause fo that. Generally - and this is very much a general point - it'll take two years of non-action before insurers will look to settle up a player's contract due to injury/illness. He'd also need to have doctors confirm he'll be unable to play professionally again and would be liable to repay any settlement if they did play professionally at any level in the future.

Since it's an illness rather than an injury, there'll be less updates as it's seen to be a more personal matter than, say, a torn hamstring.

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

What other employment would keep paying you to do nothing?  He clearly can't play football which is what we pay him to do.  We have been paying him for more than a year now.  He isn't injured, he's unfit to play.  I'm sympathetic to his situation but if he can't play football then he needs to leave.  Do you think it ok for us to pay him for 4 years to do nothing?

What other industry do you buy and sell employees? What other industry do you hope to make profit on humans you buy and sell?

Football is vastly different to other industries, its like a legalised slave trade at times within contractual legal confines.

That you can't seem to grasp and acknowledge this probably explains why you think it's OK to treat a player like an employee in a more standard workplace. Even though most are permanent employees rather than under contracts and you'd face huge difficulties there too in just ditching them 

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What other industry do you buy and sell employees? What other industry do you hope to make profit on humans you buy and sell?

Football is vastly different to other industries, its like a legalised slave trade at times within contractual legal confines.

That you can't seem to grasp and acknowledge this probably explains why you think it's OK to treat a player like an employee in a more standard workplace. Even though most are permanent employees rather than under contracts and you'd face huge difficulties there too in just ditching them 

So please advise us all what it states in his contract as you seem to think you are an expert on such matters.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Still no clause fo that. Generally - and this is very much a general point - it'll take two years of non-action before insurers will look to settle up a player's contract due to injury/illness. He'd also need to have doctors confirm he'll be unable to play professionally again and would be liable to repay any settlement if they did play professionally at any level in the future.

Since it's an illness rather than an injury, there'll be less updates as it's seen to be a more personal matter than, say, a torn hamstring.

The issue there is if we have taken the necessary pre-signing checks which will allow insurance cover to stand.  With our track record for incompetence I wouldn't be confident.   

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

So please advise us all what it states in his contract as you seem to think you are an expert on such matters.

You don't seem to want to answer about other industries it seems....

Neither of us have seen the contract so I'll defer to commiting to its duration and pay being honoured. As I'd expect Rangers to in circumstances outwith disciplinaries etc.

You seem to want to take an unethical approach, perhaps you can show that t&c. 

And perhaps explain whether such conduct would be seen favourably or negatively by future potential signings and their agents.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You don't seem to want to answer about other industries it seems....

Neither of us have seen the contract so I'll defer to commiting to its duration and pay being honoured. As I'd expect Rangers to in circumstances outwith disciplinaries etc.

You seem to want to take an unethical approach, perhaps you can show that t&c. 

And perhaps explain whether such conduct would be seen favourably or negatively by future potential signings and their agents.

A footballer is an employee just like any other employee on a contract.  We found out 10 years ago that they used standard employment legislation to walk away.   If our insurance policy covers us for Ofoborh's salary then that is a different matter.  Somehow I doubt it will.  As for future signings being put off, I very much doubt it.  I think you are being somewhat dramatic there.

7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

A footballer is an employee just like any other employee on a contract.  We found out 10 years ago that they used standard employment legislation to walk away.   If our insurance policy covers us for Ofoborh's salary then that is a different matter.  Somehow I doubt it will.  As for future signings being put off, I very much doubt it.  I think you are being somewhat dramatic there.

So in which other industries are employees legally bought and sold like commodities? 

You seem an expert yourself, if it's so standard a contract then which t&c covers contract cancellation if the employee has a medical condition 

I didnt say put off, im not stating it as pivotal in decision making. But I'll take that your response as negative rather than positive generally speaking, but that like with the industry question you prefer to word your way around giving direct answer...

38 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Back on topic (lol), I also enjoyed the way Davies played yesterday and am more than relieved his injury proved to be manageable. 

41 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

You are getting worked up to 99 over a guys longterm health condition and us not illegally ripping his deal up, totally unnecessary given all the stuff that’s actually worth being annoyed at. 

12 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

We need to somehow get to the World Cup break still in touch. 

Then that back four if all fit is title winning quality. Just need to find a keeper, 2 centre mids and a right wing.

Been pretty impressed with him so far

Agree with keeping in touch till the world cup.

Im not convinced one bit under gio as the manger we can win the league under him nearly every big game domestically he fails but i hope your right we have favorable fixtures till the world cup starts.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

It almost certainly will.