Should we be looking for a new manager now?

MadSasa

48 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Surely the board know enough about football to watch today's game and realise we aren't getting better, we are getting worse and persevering with him is not going to give us success in the long run.

Then again, it is OUR board I'm talking about here so they probably think all is well because we won today.

The Board are interested in the amount of money coming in, nothing more. When the performances on the park start impacting the finances is the only time they will act. CL qualification has basically guaranteed him this season.

2 hours ago, MadSasa said:

That was absolutely terrible today, we won but I’m finished with GvB. When we play them I fear it will be another 3/4-0 defeat if he’s still here so should we act now before the world cup and get a new man in?

In all seriousness why would a board sack a manager who has won his last 4 league games 12-2 and are in a title race?

And don’t give me the style of play argument cos no one gets sacked for that

No , not yet anyway. 

The guy got us into Europa League Final , Champions League group stages , we've had four 4-0 wins out of 10 league games and only 2 points behind c....c . That gives him some leeway .

I'm as disappointed with the level of performances as anyone else , but this seems to be his style and if he wins the League playing like this nobody will give a damn .

If he doesn't , then he'll be off . 

3 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

In all seriousness why would a board sack a manager who has won his last 4 league games 12-2 and are in a title race?

because we just conceded 7 at home for the first time in my lifetime or have you forgotten already because we scraped a win today?

6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I can see your point but I think you need to be blind to see we are going to drop more points, possibly be embarrassed in one or two cups, probably suffer a few more humiliating defeats by them and definitely not win the league. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

because we just conceded 7 at home for the first time in my lifetime or have you forgotten already because we scraped a win today?

Scraped a win? So are we only allowed to go through a full domestic season by winning by 2 clear goals? Is that acceptable? Is only winning by 1 not enough? Is winning every domestic home game not good enough?

Ive said before every single big team across Europe has had freak 6/7 goal defeats and none of these managers are sacked straight away.

It was a nonsense to suggest that he would get sacked for champions league performances

4 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

I can see your point but I think you need to be blind to see we are going to drop more points, possibly be embarrassed in one or two cups, probably suffer a few more humiliating defeats by them and definitely not win the league. 

There is literally nothing to suggest that. Who is going to embarrass us in the cup? Do you think we will lose to Dundee? Did we not win a cup for the first time in 11 years under Gio last year beating celtic on the way?

We were going to drop points at Tynecastle and today according to the Gio haters but 6 points later and people are still trying to find anything to get him out.

A definitive NO!

Not when we are in a Title neck and neck dogfight with our biggest rivals, that is not the time to upset the apple cart and endanger our chance of winning the League. Things can change very quickly and now is not the time for knee jerk reactions, We must stay resolute and loyal as long as we are in this title race.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

There is literally nothing to suggest that. Who is going to embarrass us in the cup? Do you think we will lose to Dundee? Did we not win a cup for the first time in 11 years under Gio last year beating celtic on the way?

We were going to drop points at Tynecastle and today according to the Gio haters but 6 points later and people are trying to find anything to get him out.

You watching a different team to most of us mate?  We are on the cusp of getting an embarrassing score against us in the next few weeks. Open your eyes. We beat Motherwell 2-1. FFS! 

5 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Scraped a win? So are we only allowed to go through a full domestic season by winning by 2 clear goals? Is that acceptable? Is only winning by 1 not enough? Is winning every domestic home game not good enough?

Ive said before every single big team across Europe has had freak 6/7 goal defeats and none of these managers are sacked straight away.

It was a nonsense to suggest that he would get sacked for champions league performances

I've never known a manager to survive a seven-goal home defeat. The problem is the board don't have a Plan B or can't afford one. Gio is clearly a "yes man". I don't even think the summer signings were his suggestions.

We were going to drop points at Tynecastle and today according to the Gio haters but 6 points later and people are still trying to find anything to get him out.

Probably not against Dundee but we could slip up later on. Yeah we did and I thank him for it but do you see us beating the scum when we play them next because I don’t. I don’t hate Gio, I think he’s a rotten manager that’s all, I seen you say in another thread people were wanting us to lose today, I don’t I want us to win every game and I’m sure every one else does. To some people though Gio can do no wrong.

2 hours ago, GaryMc said:

We should always be forward planning and looking for replacement for every key department of the club.

Manager should be no different as he could leave at any moment be that being sacked, resigning or going to another team.

My comment isn't specifically about Gio and more just in general.

Approaching other managers however when Gio is still in the job would be disrespectful and not something I'd want us to do.

Brighton owner said on the Friday night interview with Neville etc, they already planning for the next manager. 
guy that replaced potter just in the door!! 😲

technical directer is  just one Davie Weir. 

Replaced the boy poached by Newcastle I believe.

there’s a football club with the right model.

might not work up here right enuff with the coming second  means coming last mentality though.

1 minute ago, MadSasa said:

Probably not against Dundee but we could slip up later on. Yeah we did and I thank him for it but do you see us beating the scum when we play them next because I don’t. I don’t hate Gio, I think he’s a rotten manager that’s all, I seen you say in another thread people were wanting us to lose today, I don’t I want us to win every game and I’m sure every one else does. To some people though Gio can do no wrong.

We won today enjoy it don’t let your first thought be let’s get a new manager in. If we were dropping points domestically I’d understand it but we’re not. We’re in a good run of form.

I don’t see him as doing no wrong I see him winning football matches that’s good enough for me just now.

Yes we can beat them. We were wasteful last time at Ibrox against them we dominated and we need to be more clinical but there’s nothing to fear

1 minute ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Brighton owner said on the Friday night interview with Neville etc, they already planning for the next manager. 
guy that replaced potter just in the door!! 😲

technical directer is  just one Davie Weir. 

Replaced the boy poached by Newcastle I believe.

there’s a football club with the right model.

might not work up here right enuff with the coming second  means coming last mentality though.

It's should just be common sense with a club of our size and I hope it's happening but who knows.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've never known a manager to survive a seven-goal home defeat. The problem is the board don't have a Plan B or can't afford one. Gio is clearly a "yes man". I don't even think the summer signings were his suggestions.

Hassenhuttel Wenger Mourinho lost by 6 at Roma and Madrid he survived and that’s off the top of my head for heavy defeats

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

You watching a different team to most of us mate?  We are on the cusp of getting an embarrassing score against us in the next few weeks. Open your eyes. We beat Motherwell 2-1. FFS! 

So what is an acceptable score line against Motherwell?

Im pretty sure free flowing stylish celtic beat them by the same score line?

On the cusp? Against who? We are currently on a winning domestic run? So you think we will lose to Dundee or Livingston this week?

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We won today enjoy it don’t let your first thought be let’s get a new manager in. If we were dropping points domestically I’d understand it but we’re not. We’re in a good run of form.

I don’t see him as doing no wrong I see him winning football matches that’s good enough for me just now.

Yes we can beat them. We were wasteful last time at Ibrox against them we dominated and we need to be more clinical but there’s nothing to fear

Obviously I’m glad we won today but if we put in another performance like today then dropping points is inevitable.  

His negative style of play and tactics along with his team selections and continually sticking with players that are out of form will cost him his job.

You are more optimistic than me then because I don’t see it going well at all when we play them. Napoli could take at least 5 off us.

So what is an acceptable score line against Motherwell?

Im pretty sure free flowing stylish celtic beat them by the same score line?

On the cusp? Against who? We are currently on a winning domestic run? So you think we will lose to Dundee or Livingston this week?

You’re not listening just like our manager. Wow! 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

You’re not listening just like our manager. Wow! 

Give me the evidence domestically that we are on the cusp as you say of dropping points? This was the over the top reaction when we beat Dundee Utd and the next game we went to Tynecastle and scored 4 without reply

Give me the evidence domestically that we are on the cusp as you say of dropping points? This was the over the top reaction when we beat Dundee Utd and the next game we went to Tynecastle and scored 4 without reply

Spin it your way. I never mentioned domestically. 

19 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

That part is a bit entitled. Plenty better Gers teams have struggled there. If you wanna talk about a 7-1 drubbing or lack of qaulity or whatever that's fine and you'd be correct but canny be calling for a head because we "only beat Motherwell".

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That part is a bit entitled. Plenty better Gers teams have struggled there. If you wanna talk about a 7-1 drubbing or lack of qaulity or whatever that's fine and you'd be correct but canny be calling for a head because we "only beat Motherwell".

Mate? Did you really watch that game today? The amount of mistakes?  Watch the replay.