Should we be looking for a new manager now?

MadSasa

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

You watching a different team to most of us mate?  We are on the cusp of getting an embarrassing score against us in the next few weeks. Open your eyes. We beat Motherwell 2-1. FFS! 

The taigs beat them 2-1 at the piggery on the 1st of October. Don't see their manager getting sacked any time soon. 

Arguably worse result for them as it was a home game. We also drew twice with them last season so a 2-1 away win is a decent result imo. 

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Let's get our injured players back, Let's get behind the manager, Let's not forget the Rangers managerial candidate list is very short and if our last few bosses are anything to go by it's a very hit and miss option.

thats purely down to the board, a competent board will be targeting the best young and upcoming managers and the out of or soon to be out of work seasoned managers

instead this board thinks mcinnes was good enough for us and right now i'd put money on it that neilson is top of their shortsighted list

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We are basically hoping that they drop points elsewhere and we can limp along winning, while getting results against them at Ibrox. That’s where we are in terms of a title challenge this season 

That’s what wins you leagues in truth - winning games when playing badly . The last few domestic results were ok in the league prior to today 

8 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

thats purely down to the board, a competent board will be targeting the best young and upcoming managers and the out of or soon to be out of work seasoned managers

instead this board thinks mcinnes was good enough for us and right now i'd put money on it that neilson is top of their shortsighted list

He was on the last list and hasnt done badly since then. 

7 minutes ago, gogochancer said:

That’s what wins you leagues in truth - winning games when playing badly . The last few domestic results were ok in the league prior to today 

That’s true when it’s a once in a while thing but we haven’t looked good all season. Even the 4-0 results didn’t involve fantastic looking football as strange as that sounds.

Ive never seen a team limp the whole way to a title in my life. 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We are basically hoping that they drop points elsewhere and we can limp along winning, while getting results against them at Ibrox. That’s where we are in terms of a title challenge this season 

Don’t rate you too highly as a poster but agree with this 

23 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That is basically all that can be done until the league is won or lost.

56 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s true when it’s a once in a while thing but we haven’t looked good all season. Even the 4-0 results didn’t involve fantastic looking football as strange as that sounds.

Ive never seen a team limp the whole way to a title in my life. 

08/09 was pretty dire. 

We never really got our shit together until the last 8 games or so of the season. They were ahead one stage by 7 points. We slowly ground out wins playing some pretty horrible football while they dropped points to reel them in and it wasn't convincing at all.

4 hours ago, left winger said:

I suppose it comes down to the questions - can we afford to sack him? And Can we afford not to sack him?

I'm leaning towards no to the second question?

Far too early in the season to sack him, I think.  Champions League has been an embarrassment but we were never going to do anything in it anyway.  The League is our bread and butter and as long as we are in touching distance with them, I think it would be foolhardy to do anything to disrupt things.  Let’s face it being gubbed in Europe and hanging on in there in the League to when it matters, despite rubbish performances, is reminiscent of much of Walter’s reign.
The cost of getting rid of him and his backroom team and bringing in a new manager/team would also likely mean we wouldn’t be able to spend on players in January.  

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fucking hell.

Give Gio a 10 year contract and get these threads closed.

You calm down. I’m not suggesting he’s the answer or that that I want him. I’m pointing out that him being on a shortlist now is pretty obvious under the current board given the fact that he was on the last list, like it or not. 

The jury’s out on Gio regardless. 

Just now, WWTC said:

You calm down. I’m not suggesting he’s the answer or that that I want him. I’m pointing out that him being on a shortlist now is pretty obvious under the current board given the fact that he was on the last list, like it or not. 

The jury’s out on Gio regardless. 

I know you weren't :lol:

Reacting to the thought that he would be in consideration.

5 hours ago, left winger said:

I suppose it comes down to the questions - can we afford to sack him? And Can we afford not to sack him?

I'm leaning towards no to the second question?

While he's still within distance of the taigs or better he's not in any danger. 

Board have already confirmed via the tav apology that the champions league is a bonus. Results there won't matter to them. 

Only if the league becomes out of reach will a change even be discussed. I definitely think money plays an issue there as well. It won't be cheap to sack gio and his staff. Then hire a new manager and staff. Especially if they move for a currently employed replacement.

2 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

Another reason to keep GVB then.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

This is probably the most bizarre post I’ve ever seen.

How does any team across the world win a league without hoping their rivals drop points and you get something against them.

10 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

This is probably the most bizarre post I’ve ever seen.

How does any team across the world win a league without hoping their rivals drop points and you get something against them.

Think you’ve missed a few keys words out that post have you not?