VAR

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Why does it take so long to make a decision?, every var flashpoint today seemed to take a fucking lifetime, the wait for the Morelos goal was unbelievably slow.

Genuinely think that the VAR system they have our in in Scotland is second rate.

They probably had absolutely no idea if the last goal was offside or not due to it being so close and the technology not being exact enough.

That's my guess anyway.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Why does it take so long to make a decision?, every var flashpoint today seemed to take a fucking lifetime, the wait for the Morelos goal was unbelievably slow.

because they need to try get it right especially Alfie’s which looked offside so I was glad it took longer to get the right decision.

I think we need lower our expectations on how quick they’ll make their decisions and as long as it’s added on at the end then definitely worth it.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Genuinely think that the VAR system they have our in in Scotland is second rate.

They probably had absolutely no idea if the last goal was offside or not due to it being so close and the technology not being exact enough.

That's my guess anyway.

I’m sure we have less cameras 

The 4th goal needed one camera where you could a) see Alfie was behind sakala when the cross was hit and b) it hit one of the defenders when Alfie was beyond the last defender. I saw one replay and knew it was a goal, similarly I saw one replay of Alfie’s goal that was disallowed and knew it was offside. It’s just utter incompetence as far as I can see.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The 4th goal needed one camera where you could a) see Alfie was behind sakala when the cross was hit and b) it hit one of the defenders when Alfie was beyond the last defender. I saw one replay and knew it was a goal, similarly I saw one replay of Alfie’s goal that was disallowed and knew it was offside. It’s just utter incompetence as far as I can see.

Think the last goal the question of offside was not Alfie but Sakala.

Alfie was clearly on, but I genuinely have no idea if Sakala was. Looked almost exactly inline.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

What we’ve seen with Walsh the past two weeks is he’s now not going to give a decision as he knows Var is there.

Hearts and our penalty are two of the clearest you could ever see yet gave neither.

A joke.

The penalty amazed me that he didn’t first of all see the defender pretty much do a volleyball move but then you can also read the defenders actions after he hit it and could see he knew he had fucked it.

The penalty amazed me that he didn’t first of all see the defender pretty much do a volleyball move but then you can also read the defenders actions after he hit it and could see he knew he had fucked it.

I actually thought the pen we got wasn't a pen (or at least was more questionable) than the one we didn't get when Colak was dragged to the ground.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What we’ve seen with Walsh the past two weeks is he’s now not going to give a decision as he knows Var is there.

Hearts and our penalty are two of the clearest you could ever see yet gave neither.

A joke.

Are the Refs still shiting it to make decisions or are they leaving it to the Var team to make them for them

Last week against Livingston outwith the red card VAR had nothing to do, 7 minutes injury time.

This week, we had a disallowed goal, a long check, a penalty, another penalty shout and 7 subs between the teams and there was 4 minutes, I get the whole the game is done at 4-1 but fucks sake the officials don’t heal themselves when they get criticised for “time management” depending on the result.

How Walsh never seen the pen in real time is beyond me and I believe he did the same last weekend.

4 minutes ago, Vision said:

Are the Refs still shiting it to make decisions or are they leaving it to the Var team to make them for them

Tbh they maybe have been told if you think its a 50/50 decision then let the play go and VAR will check

Say for the penalty incident he gives it, but then VAR rules it out, what if a couple of seconds after the handball we get a break in the box and score, him blowing early has done us of that

Just the 50/50's one they'd maybe get instructions like this, if he's sure of a decision then he makes it and VAR will confirm or correct it, but 50/50 calls he's better letting play go and VAR can bring it back, 

Same as they do for offside now, only flag once the move has finished 

16 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

VAR gave the goal so they got it right

Just now, Bad Robot said:

Didn’t say they got it wrong, it’s just incompetence that leads to them taking so long for a decision to be made. Everyone of the are shitting it for getting it wrong and being accountable.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbh they maybe have been told if you think its a 50/50 decision then let the play go and VAR will check

Say for the penalty incident he gives it, but then VAR rules it out, what if a couple of seconds after the handball we get a break in the box and score, him blowing early has done us of that

Just the 50/50's one they'd maybe get instructions like this, if he's sure of a decision then he makes it and VAR will confirm or correct it, but 50/50 calls he's better letting play go and VAR can bring it back, 

Same as they do for offside now, only flag once the move has finished 

It's the other way about, ref gives it Var corrects it

10 minutes ago, Vision said:

We were discussing that at the game. Concensus was Refs are now letting game run on after a handball in the knowledge VAR will pick it up. If he awards the penalty and VAR overrules him he has stopped the game and possibly stopped the next move devolping into a goal. He is basically able to play advantage and still award tge penalty thanks to VAR. Howevrr, if this is case then it shouldnt take ages for the review. 

Didn’t say they got it wrong, it’s just incompetence that leads to them taking so long for a decision to be made. Everyone of the are shitting it for getting it wrong and being accountable.

yes shitting it to make a wrong VAR decision which will then righty get exposed as incompetence 

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

To be fair to the assistant ref he got them both correct. Gave offside for first one and not for second one so exactly what VAR confirmed. So if no VAR we would have got exactly the same outcome for these two decisions.