*****Official Rangers vs Ajax match thread*****

Orange and Blue

Just now, GA1972 said:

And you want Davis and Arfield kept on? Sands and King are having to push up beyond them to put Ajax under any kind of pressure 

I'd rather we had Lundstram but that's not an option is it? We can all see the problems but the solutions with who is available don't exist.

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Barasic sends a high floated arc corner in while tadic whips his corners in at a decent speed set up to attack it. 

I remember Balogun scoring a cracking header in Europe… if only we could have kept him instead of spending millions on a Liverpool reserve.. 

Midfield is pretty much the disaster expected with Arfield and Davis. We are on the bones of our arse in both defense and midfield and not to sure the 4:3:3 is helping. For me one of the front three should come off and put Kamara in the middle to try stop being so exposed down the right. Games gone, time to concentrate domestically and avoid a going over at home.

Just now, RDB14 said:

I almost feel sorry for Davis… it was up to us to tell him his time at this level was up.  He has been a fantastic player for us, helped stop the scums 10 and now he is just creating bad memories tbh.

Both he and McGregor should have been experienced and mature enough to know when to call it a day. Both will end up damaging their legacy because they lacked the self awareness to quit before they became a liability.

So far Davis, Tillman are almost absent or losing the ball. Sakala, Arfield and Colak are trying. Colak feeding on scraps, Sakala needs to work on his crossing, has the beating of his man but poor end result. Defense is woeful, can't hack the pressure but have next to no midfield in front of them. The score depends on what Ajax comes out the second half. 

1 minute ago, Gaffbear said:

We all saw this coming when we failed to.invest the CL money .. 

Don't think we realised how out their depth our management team and players would be .. utter shambles 

Maybe the board saw it coming and didn’t trust Gio to spend it.

Hopefully he’s gone and the new boss gets to build something new

1 minute ago, Gaffbear said:

We all saw this coming when we failed to.invest the CL money .. 

Don't think we realised how out their depth our management team and players would be .. utter shambles 

The way things are going this season if we'd invested in a couple of players they would probably be out injured. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Kamara has been levels below for some reason this season and Lowry has played only a handful of games for us against poor level opponents and you want him on in the Champions League 2-0 down to Ajax? FFS mate.

Ok, then, let's continue to play two guys in their late thirties against players ten years younger and more skillful.

That makes no sense to me.

Just now, RDB14 said:

I remember Balogun scoring a cracking header in Europe… if only we could have kept him instead of spending millions on a Liverpool reserve.. 

A perma-injured Liverpool reserve at that.