Transfers, rumours, wants etc

RoboBearToo

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Young - no

Likely sell on potential - no

Recent longterm injury - yes 

Good enough for a title winning starting 11 - no

Scottish - yes 

He's the same age as Kent and Morelos so not sure I agree there'd be no sell on potential. Decent season or two and there's definitely a chance to make some £.

Injury thing is a bit of a red herring imo. Aye he's just coming back off a long absence but he was out for about a month longer than Morelos was with his groin injury.

Not every signing is going to walk into the starting XI and we're unlikely to sign a CF who comes right into the side unless Roofe, Morelos and Colak all move on

20 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Don't see much happening in January btw awful time to get value. Maybe 1 or 2 pre contracts. 

The summer is where the real work will be done. There is no hiding place I expect it to be vast. 

If i was MB i’d be livid if no signings in January.

Let’s no kid ourselves, if tarriers extend lead in league and win the treble, Beale goes into next season under real pressure. A bad start next season in league, like Gio had, and we could be back in same place this time next year.

Are any of the young lads looking good enough to step up soon? Obviously King and Devine look decent prospects for next season's Scottish trained contingent, but McCann struggles for game time.

Anyone else likely to be at that level any time soon? Finding a good standard of Scottish-trained elsewhere seems like it's getting harder.

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Is it though? Goldson was highly unlikely to stay and Allan McGregor had a farewell at the Cup final but both are still here

If Morelos stays it’s only because nobody else wants him, time to get rid tbh or else he’d sign a new deal then only a matter of time before the toys were out the pram again, he really isn’t worth the hassle or the 40k a week he’ll be looking for. 

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

If Morelos stays it’s only because nobody else wants him, time to get rid tbh or else he’d sign a new deal then only a matter of time before the toys were out the pram again, he really isn’t worth the hassle or the 40k a week he’ll be looking for. 

So do we take it that nobody wants Kent if he stays?

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Are any of the young lads looking good enough to step up soon? Obviously King and Devine look decent prospects for next season's Scottish trained contingent, but McCann struggles for game time.

Anyone else likely to be at that level any time soon? Finding a good standard of Scottish-trained elsewhere seems like it's getting harder.

Not for me.

The next two that have a chance imo  are only 16. Lovelace and Rice.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So do we take it that nobody wants Kent if he stays?

Kent is different situation entirely, Morelos has been flirting with clubs his whole Rangers career and has been an absolute disgrace this season, hopefully he’s gone soon and the circus that comes with him. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Kent is different situation entirely, Morelos has been flirting with clubs his whole Rangers career and has been an absolute disgrace this season, hopefully he’s gone soon and the circus that comes with him. 

Has he? Or has his agent? Why is it different from Kent's agent constantly touting him with moves to the likes of Leeds?

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

How do we know that Morelos has been doing this? Biggest myth ever 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Has he? Or has his agent? Why is it different from Kent's agent constantly touting him with moves to the likes of Leeds?

How many times has Morelos downed tools now? he’s a liability it’s time to get rid for all Kent has been out of form recently I’ve never questioned his attitude or commitment. 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

How many times has Morelos downed tools now? he’s a liability it’s time to get rid for all Kent has been out of form recently I’ve never questioned his attitude or commitment. 

😂 I think at times Kent’s attitude has been honking. But we’ll keep him cos it’s less honking than really honking 

Just now, esquire8 said:

It's pretty much a risk free signing for them. For me theres a top 6/8 then theres everyone else.

A 26 year-old who is likely to want a long-term deal on substantial wages and turns up once every five or six games carries a fair amount of risk.

Just now, The Dude said:

A 26 year-old who is likely to want a long-term deal on substantial wages and turns up once every five or six games carries a fair amount of risk.

Not substantial wages for them. His nationality, pretty clean injury record and experience will be enough to tempt some I would think. Don't think he moves to any of those clubs if there is a transfer fee involved though.